Car seats tweak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion post: https://perpheads.com/threads/car-seats-tweak.16381/
Even older suggestion post (original): https://perpheads.com/threads/raise...s-of-suvs-or-some-cars-in-general-to-5.12362/

Main idea:
Tweak the maximum amount of seats on some cars that can fit a fifth person in the back but only support up to four.

Description:
Currently there are some cars (SUVs in general) that only have four seats in total but have a lot of space on the back to fit a fifth person. A fifth seat does make transportation of people in your vehicle much better (and easier). For example, you'd get an SUV for it's ability to carry lots of different stuff in it's trunk, people or just because of it's size. Currently, there are some cars that only support up to four seats while some clearly have space to fit a fifth person in the back. Below are some SUVs that only have four seats but can possibly support up to five people due to their space they have in the back. Keep in mind that some cars like the Nissan GT-R or the Audi TT-07 have seats in the back but are really limited and would make look models cramped and make you look like a midget (And more or less OP which we don't really want so keep them at two seats) which is why only some cars maximum available seats should be tweaked.
List of SUVs that only have up to four seats:
  • Jeep Wrangler
  • Jeep Grand Cherokee
  • Land Rover Range Rover 08 (The 2011 one got five seats)
  • Mercedes ML63 AMG
  • Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
  • Porsche Cayenne Turbo 2012
An example would be my Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG which only has four seats but clearly has enough space in the back to fit a fifth person and wouldn't make a fifth person in the middle look cramped.
C1CBCFF5289B3B6F660D57DA9FB8FDE2B6DB7E3A

Pros:
  • Being able to transport one more person which would benefit some people greatly.
  • Would make some unpopular cars more favorable (Looking at you, Impala SS 96) to others due to their amount of seats they would receive which can bring a great variety instead of all these manky multi million sport cars everywhere.
Cons:
  • None I could think of really. This wouldn't just benefit civilians but also benefit Police if they'd get any future cars like a Police SUV (Pretty sure a suggestion regarding that has been accepted) or like the current premium Dodge Charger which currently only has 4 four seats which would allow it to have a maximum of five seats to make prisoner transport more easy and not having to request a Ford Crown Victoria specifically because of it's five seats.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I like the idea but this generally makes cars that currently have 5 seats useless, For example the audi rs4.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Most cars IRL have 5 seats, 4 main ones and that little one in the middle for the skinny guy.

rat

Reaction score
Great idea, sometimes I see a car with 4 seats and wonder why it has 2...

On a related note, how about fixing the seat positions of players? I mean it's funny the first time my friends feet are sticking through the bottom of my car but it just gets annoying fast.

M

Reaction score
Very crisp idea with a great backbone to it @Creepis. I personally think all cars which could practically fit 5 players should have 5 seats ingame, it's a bit of a silly limitation.

awDSDUf.png

Reaction score
Great idea! Also add the Toyota Supera to the list it has 4 seats but only allows 2.

Reaction score
From what I know, there's no more seats in these vehicles due to too little space for the players to sit, without it looking ridiculous. We already have other vehicles where the feet of a player where their feet will go through the car. The Garry's Mod sitting animation simply doesn't make the different seats capable of sitting in without it looking too bad. I fo not know how much seat space there is in all the vehicles that would need a change, but I'd imagine @StephenPuffs went over that when adjusting the vehicles in the first place.

Reaction score
The Scion FR-S should have 4 seats, in real life it has 4 seats and in-game the car also have space for 4 seats, but it only has 2 seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.