Car upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Increase car upgrades

Short explanation (in notes):
- Tuning cars cost alot of money and only add a fractional boost for the price
- In real life some cars tune better than others
- I think that tuning a car should give more of a top MPH boost and acceleration boost
- My toyota supra tuned twice which cost 400k only goes 80
- I think introducing things like turbo would a cool idea, Could buy a single turbo or a twin turbo instead of buying a tune up or could be bought in addition to a tune up to increase MPH

Detailed description
(why should it become added/...):
Lets face it perpheads revolves around cars and i don't think tune ups are realistic enough
I think tuning needs to be buffed as it only increases the car's top mph by 5.
Maybe if tuning a car gave a 10-15mph boost but it can only be done twice or something similar
IRL a highly tuned 1000hp supra would leave a lambo in the dust but in perpheads a highly tuned supra goes 85 were as a lambo like 100+mph.
I think this would allow people to buy less expensive cars and then tune them to go faster.
People would buy a wider variety of cars knowing that a certain car can go the same speed as a high end car after a few tune ups. Something needs to be done with car upgrades its kinda a joke

Optional additions:
-
-
-

Reaction score
This small amount of difference is because of the small map size and all cars are rendered realistically to this map. If the map would ever be bigger, the car speeds might change aswell. According to @Xquality
OFb8Gr6.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Brennan Bulge is right in what he says about Xquality means about this, and he shares this opinion with StephenPuffs aswell. You pay for what you get when you buy a car, and the upgrades are roughly the same when it comes to different factor, mostly increasing top limit by 5 mph, changes to acceleration/etc. It's fine as it is as the longest road in Paralake is less than a km long and takes a rather small amount of time to drive with a fast vehicle.

For the part where you talk about people buying more diferent kind of vehicles, speed alone won't change that. A lot of people seem to be buying vehicles due to their looks rather than performance, although performance is ofcourse a factor, believing speed is the only thing people care about is gibberish.

Reaction score
It is based mostly on price really that is the reason why a Mini cant beat a Evo 8. If this was added only people who wanted to show off would get a lambo.

I will not support this it will break the current system.

Reaction score
Hey there, car enthusiast here.
So, supra, listen closely, 1 turbo is fitted in it in its sound.
Not only you want 1000HP Supras from a dealer that sells them to you stock with the stock 2JZ engine, which is already twin turbo charged, you want to be able to upgrade them more? Honestly, show me a drag strip anywhere in Paralake. Because that car is way too powerful for street to be legal, or even racing, as an F1 car has less HP. So how fast exactly then do you expect a TT Stock 2JZ Supra to go, saying for example that its engine components have been upgraded already, which ends up in around 900K~, to go? A stock skyline costs 1750000$ and goes 95 stock. Go compare.
Cars are balanced enough and the stats are made independently for each car thanks to StephenPuffs. I dont see any change needed.
And no, a 1000HP Supra with no tune will not leave an AWD Gallardo that is highly tuned, double clutch equipped, lighter and better composite, and a better engine.
Quality beats quantity, especialy in horsepower.

Status
Not open for further replies.