(Change) In character names

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add:
3.1 In-Character Names
In-Character names must be realistic, relatively common and the names of famous individuals may not be used; the decision as to whether or not a name is deemed to be inappropriate is subject to an administrator’s discretion.
Your version of the rule:
3.1 In-Character Names
In-Character names must be realistic.relatively common and the names of famous individuals may not be used; the decision as to whether or not a name is deemed to be inappropriate is subject to an administrator’s discretion.

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited:
Why would it have to be a common name? The rule should be edited as this obviously is not enforced in this manner Anymore, nor has it been for as long as I’ve played perp.​

Reaction score
I think as long as the name is easy to read, understand, and go by, its okay.

Abu-Hussein Akul-Akkabar is way too difficult to put into the police computer.

But Alex Mills.
That's easy. That's understandable.

Very contrasting examples, but I hope you see my point.

Deleted member 5577

I disagree completely, yes it’s difficult to put into the computer but it would be kind of boring if everyone was called Alex mills, Alec mills, Alen mills. To name a few examples, I think names such as local minge @TinySlayer using Simon fellton and Felton smh shouldn’t be allowed as well as jack petersson or Marcus hudsson

Reaction score
In that case where people are copying last names, or having similar names, yes, that should not be allowed, but names that are really four wrapped into one is quite annoying and difficult for players and staff.

Again, I gave a huge contrast in my examples, but I think you should know what I mean by using them.

Reaction score
With how the rule is worded I'm fairly sure it disallows common names rather than making them mandatory.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Personally, I dont think Jonny Sins is a common name and the greatest name ever chose by a community member in tribute to a true hero in his occupation as a student, cancer patient, Astronaut, Florist, footballer, movie star, lawyer, doctor and Pizza delivery guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.