privacy rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add: i wish to implement a rule in which an individual cannot post another members name or personal information with out consent
Your version of the rule:
Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited:

So i know there is a few people on this forum that know one another personally and have each other on social media but i know some people may not wish to share there actual name or other personal information.
For example if some shared something via the forums which contained a name of an individual on social media then they may start getting unnecessary request on there or may be harassed.
out of respect is should be up to the individual to say there real name or other things, if they are comfortable with other people knowing.
if some one post something sharing personal information it can be deemed a breach of privacy, and im sure no one on here would like to be stuck in that predicament.

Deleted member 1235

This rarely happens. But when someone releases info about you on the forums that you don't want there, the admins will remove and deal with it.

Example was when I accidentally (yeah dumb ik) put a pic in shoutbox which included my address. After someone re-posted it after being removed they were banned. To be honest it's down to you to keep your private stuff private.

Hence why I still to this day struggle to find @Hazza56 on Facebook

Word of advice would be not to use your real name in game or on the forums (I do but I'm okay with you all bullying me)

Reaction score
You only want to make this a rule because you were banned because of it, but to be frank, for them to get your name it has to be in your perpheads account information, or they must know you in real life, if it's in your perpheads account information then you're already letting us know your real name, and if it's a friend that knows you, then if they are your friend they wouldn't post it in the first place. It's the internet, get used to it, if you want confidentiality on the internet, don't put your name on a public forum.
He obviously wants the rule because his real name was posted on a a Garry's Mod Forum which quite frankly i understand if People don't.

Reaction score
Although it's already enforced under different rule titles and it's common sense not to do so. For clarification and solid definitions this rule will be added in the next amendment cycle. Thank you for your suggestion, (not you though riekelt :moron: )

Status
Not open for further replies.