Server Suggestion Change the Micro Dot

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Change the Micro Dot
Suggestion Description: Change the dot on the Micro Dot sight to a smaller Dot, just like the pistol reflex sight. This could allow for a more accurate and realistic Micro Dot sight for Rifles, SMGS and Pistols.

Why should this be added?:
- Allows a sight, similar to a pistol reflex sight, onto a Rifle/SMG
- Actually looks like a Micro Dot sight

What negatives could this have?:
- Not sure

Useful Images:
actualmicrodot.jpg

Reaction score
No doubt this thing looks like some R6 style scope, blocking every view possible to make you regret using it. I agree with that, we need some clear scopes just like Mina suggested.

Reaction score
I’d rather see this implemented on the aim point sight than this sight, seeing as this sight is supposed to be cheap and usable on most guns.

Reaction score
I’d rather see this implemented on the aim point sight than this sight, seeing as this sight is supposed to be cheap and usable on most guns.
TBH I just took the Micro Dot as an example but it would be good on the Aim point as well.

Reaction score
It’s a two minute job to complete this, it’s also a good suggestion.
The microdot is part of the model, so will require a lot of effort to change.

Sandbox Example:
ef9fc20051.png

The material is uses is also shared by other sights, such as the red dot sight. This makes it more complicated to change as even if we changed the material, we'd have to point the model at an independent material.

Options:
  1. Move the sight further away. Could be done in less than 1 hour, but would reduce the field of view.
  2. Create a new material and override it with code. This will take over an hour of effort.
  3. Recompile the model with a different material. This will take several hours of effort.
It's difficult to justify anything other than option 1. Would people actually want option 1?

Reaction score
I took the liberty of going with a different approach.

I changed the UVs of the microdot to use the same material, but at a different scale and recompiled the model. It is slightly smaller now for me, not by much, and can definitely be improved upon if this is something we want.

xVhyuCX.png

e4e6dc959132a9870b21f03485f11ff3.png

EDIT:

This one is perhaps too small, but you get the idea
fde7be8f725393e0200812b3abb120bc.png

Same thing on the aimpoint
8ca1c10eb67e0b1fd89df2eb3310b6f5.png

Last edited: