Changes to Paralake Law Reform

Reaction score
We are reintroducing law reform voting through paralake.city. This is going to be a gradual process, that will start small and be expanded as things progress.

The next stage is for reasonable law suggestion changes to be uploaded to the website by a team of Paralake Clerks. Once they have been uploaded, we will start the processing of voting for them.

You will be able to see the suggestions that have been selected for voting here: https://paralake.city/legislation/suggested

There are currently 55 threads open in this forum. Ideally we would like this to reach zero, but that will take time. If we vote on 3 threads a week, that is still going to take several months.

Actions that you can take now:
  • Reply to this thread with any ideas and suggestions you have about the process.
  • Send me a forum PM if you want to help write up laws onto the website.
  • Post any law reform changes that you think are worth adding.
  • Post on older threads with your opinions.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So glad to see proactive changes in the law reform department, thank you for spending the time to get this all set up.

That being said, who are the people voting on new laws? The policy board? Senior administration team? The entire community? City managers™?

Reaction score
So glad to see proactive changes in the law reform department, thank you for spending the time to get this all set up.

That being said, who are the people voting on new laws? The policy board? Senior administration team? The entire community? City managers™?
Voting will be done via motions which means once you join the server, anyone will be able to vote on a computer inside city hall. This functionality is still being fixed so I don’t believe it’s live just yet. As for deciding what laws get moved to selected for voting, that’s up to me and @TinySlayer at the moment.

Reaction score
Have an “elected” committee that goes through these law changes and makes adjustments to said laws before being selected for voting within reason. We had this, and it went to shit, but I’m sure it’ll work out this time.

The PLPD also have a policy board who would be capable of doing this job too.