Police Suggestion Check if crowbar or bobby pin used

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Check if crowbar or bobby pin used
Suggestion Description: Its the same mechanic as the gun one. What i mean by that is press R and check if the gun is hot cold and what attachment it has, how many bullets etc. So i was thinking if you could do the same with crowbars or bobby pins. Press R on them and it will say: Recently used or not used. You can also add a finger print feauture to this: the last person that dropped the bobby or crowbar will be spcified there.

Why should this be added?:
- avoid new players lying in /me or ignoring them
- easier and faster way than /me checks bobby poin for break in marks

What negatives could this have?:
- Criminals be cought easier.

Reaction score
What would this gain you though, it makes more sense for firearms because you'd feel some heat but with this it's just physical appearance showing some deterioration which isn't even enough to base an arrest off of, anyone could just say that they work in a warehouse and frequently open crates which is why their crowbar has signs of being frequently used or whatever

Reaction score
What would this gain you though, it makes more sense for firearms because you'd feel some heat but with this it's just physical appearance showing some deterioration which isn't even enough to base an arrest off of, anyone could just say that they work in a warehouse and frequently open crates which is why their crowbar has signs of being frequently used or whatever
I think he meant checking if doors were recently broken into, not the crowbar / bobby pin item itself.

Personally I don't see why not if its not too much effort to code, it would solve those situations where a new player doesnt really know what to do, +1

Reaction score
I think he meant checking if doors were recently broken into, not the crowbar / bobby pin item itself.
So i was thinking if you could do the same with crowbars or bobby pins. Press R on them and it will say: Recently used or not used. You can also add a finger print feauture to this: the last person that dropped the bobby or crowbar will be spcified there.

GP

Reaction score
Instead of manually checking, what about adding scratch marks (decal) to the door/vehicle?
Also, with bobby pins, it would add some mark next to the door lock

These marks would fade out over time

That way there's no need to "check", you just see the marks

Reaction score
If a bobby pin is successfully used, there will be no damage to the lock or the bobby pin.

As mentioned by a few others above, being able to check and see if a crowbar has been used does not affect anything within RP.

Reaction score
Instead of manually checking, what about adding scratch marks (decal) to the door/vehicle?
Also, with bobby pins, it would add some mark next to the door lock

These marks would fade out over time

That way there's no need to "check", you just see the marks
Can't add another skin to cars, I believe they're already at capacity with all the combinations of dirty / tiered etc.

Reaction score
I think the ability to check if the door itself has been damaged would be neat. But I really dont see the point in having it within Crowbars and Bobby pins.

Reaction score
There’s just some things that compliance via /me will be 100% necessary for in my opinion and proof of break in will be just that. We are an RP server afterall.

Realistically being caught carrying such an item around a door that it was clearly used upon is enough grounds for an arrest anyways.

If you could come up with a better way of demonstrating use of such articles I will upvote the idea as it’s a good idea, it’s just terribly executed in the suggestion.

Reaction score

Personally I don't see why not if its not too much effort to code, it would solve those situations where a new player doesnt really know what to do, +1
also you can consider to say if it matched the layout of a broken into door. like a /me does crowbar fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.