Server Suggestion Chess Tablegame for the library

Reaction score
Repost of https://perpheads.com/threads/add-chess.42138/ which was denied without any reasoning.

Description of the idea: Add a 1v1 game of Chess in the City Hall Library. You should also be able to set a timer for game modes like Blitz Chess.

Add a free round option where both participants play for fun with no money to be lost or gained. If both participants agree on a prize pool set by the host (e.g. $10,000) the loser pays $10,000 to the winner, until a player wins 3 rounds (best of 3) or a player forfeits (standing up from the chair and leaving the table),

Why should this be added? (pros): Another fun activity to do for those that don't like the "RNG" of Poker and are strategic 4Heads.
Chess is quite popular, if you haven't heard of its boom in Twitch then what are you even doing.

What negatives could this have? (cons): Possibly "abandonware" where no one would end up playing it because no one here actually knows how to play Chess.
It's easy to cheat on e.g. with stockfish

4VaDDSL.png

*Optional Additions:
  • Make it craftable.
  • Make it a organisation perk.
  • Make a nicer Chess board model, included with all necessarry chess pieces (@Lelios).

Last edited:
Reaction score
If it is added I highly doubt anyone would play with stakes considering how easily stockfish, for example, is accessible. I can see this being used if you make it portable like the piano and you get to place it anywhere as a prop, rather than just as a city hall library kind of thing.

Reaction score
If it is added I highly doubt anyone would play with stakes considering how easily stockfish, for example, is accessible. I can see this being used if you make it portable like the piano and you get to place it anywhere as a prop, rather than just as a city hall library kind of thing.
its just another fun thing people can do instead of consistantly growing and shooting. imo this should be a high skilled craftable item as well

Reaction score
Optional addition could be a draughts game using nearly the exact same content, for simpletons like me who can't play chess.

Reaction score
Make it a craft able and place able item that can be placed anywhere rather than limiting it to the city hall library.

Optional addition could be a draughts game using nearly the exact same content, for simpletons like me who can't play chess.