BB/Airsoft And Paintball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: BB/Airsoft Guns Or Pellets/Paintballs

Short explanation (in notes):
-Add BB Pellets That Do Minimal Damage (But Would Be Near Impossible To Kill With).
-Paintballs With Same Properties But Could Possibly Leave Paint Marks On A Player.
-(Optional) Add BB/Paintball Guns That Can Shoot These, Or They Could Be Loaded Into Normal Weapons.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
Playing the events of earlier today, I saw not only how much fun it provided for players, but also how much money it must have cost to prepare, so in the spirit of both realism and fun, I present... BB and Paintball. This idea would allow players who are not admins or in contact with people who are, to make mini events for less money and MUCH less casualities. Aside from this, here are a few other reasons to add this.
-New business and roleplay opportunities, e.g. Paintball courses and shops dedicated to selling equipment.
-New roleplay opportunities e.g. sport mini-events and tournaments.
-An opportunity for players to practise their shooting and raiding tactics without killing.
-Training opportunities for SWAT and Police.
Optional additions:
- Airsoft and BB guns would be Two-Tone (Parts of the gun painted a bright colour), this would distinguish the difference between them and real weapons.
- Both weapons and ammunition Would be craftable and possibly buyable in stores like the gun shop in the city.
- As many of these additions are available in real life, there would be a massive reduce in price compared to real weapons and ammunition. E.g. BB pellets in a box would be maybe 1-2 Chunks of plastic to craft and BB guns would never be priced more than 2000.
[DOUBLEPOST=1421627624,1421626458][/DOUBLEPOST]Waiting for the dumb ratings to roll in

Reaction score
+Support adds more realism and fun.It could be used on shooting events and it would be great if in the map created a BB area.

Last edited:
Reaction score
One thing, BB pellets can't cause any kind of actual damage with of any kind to a person unless they hit the eyes at close range or they are overclocked and made of hard material. Maybe they could just leave a mark like a paint coating like some do in real life?

Reaction score
I really don't see the point of this. First of all, the price of regular guns used for events have little relevance here as the senior admins can just spawn them whenever they like. If this is supposed to allow for regular players to create their own events, then I can say that it's just not going to work because an event is generally so big that it requires staff members to oversee it to make sure nobody cheats or goes around trolling or anything. Second, since airsoft guns can't actually hurt anyone, this would pretty much be exactly like using regular guns but without ammo, and what's the point of that? Also, if these airsoft BBs are actually supposed to leave some sort of mark on your body, then good luck making that look good in the Source engine. And if you are aiming for realism, then why would airsoft BBs leave marks on you. Those kinds of BBs are used very rarely as they aren't very practical and can potentially damage the gun. Additionally, why would police or SWAT need to train with these airsoft guns. They are already trained. They wouldn't have these jobs if they weren't trained.

Reaction score
Who else pictures a sweater vest shooting police with a bb gun this is bound to cause issues in roleplay and at range can be mistaken for a real weapon the looks are different but a paintball gun sounds like a gun.

Reaction score
+support

With these you could do a IC airsoft or paintball arena. Or events....

Yep, this would be cool if this become added. But then should a rule become added
"Airsoft and Paintball guns are not allowed to become used as self-defence"

Trande

Honestly not needed. And I won't like to have these "But this is a airsoft gun"-RP as cop. Just generates bs situations -support

Reaction score
Oh dear... think of the 911 calls of people carrying guns on the street then turning out to be BB guns... that would be horrible -support

Reaction score
One thing, BB pellets can't cause any kind of actual damage with of any kind to a person unless they hit the eyes at close range or they are overclocked and made of hard material. Maybe they could just leave a mark like a paint coating like some do in real life?
Mentioned in additions
[DOUBLEPOST=1421680062,1421680019][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh dear... think of the 911 calls of people carrying guns on the street then turning out to be BB guns... that would be horrible -support
"Airsoft and BB guns would be Two-Tone (Parts of the gun painted a bright colour), this would distinguish the difference between them and real weapons."

Reaction score
Changed due to update from OP.
+support

I would love BB guns, they don't do actual damage, it's cool to play with.

Also, if the laws get changed that Airsoft IS illegal in public, this could become cool. Also, it should be visible if you have an airsoft / gun for '/me searches' situations.

Reaction score
Who else pictures a sweater vest shooting police with a bb gun this is bound to cause issues in roleplay and at range can be mistaken for a real weapon the looks are different but a paintball gun sounds like a gun.
The main reason I meantioned paintball as well was because they are not realistic looking, so they could be a substitute
[DOUBLEPOST=1421680306,1421680168][/DOUBLEPOST]To all the people concerned about people mixing them up with real weapons, if you had them out in public and were threatening with the weapons, they would STILL be considered weapons, but it would not be a high sentence for assault with it, but police could take action with it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1421680390][/DOUBLEPOST]
I really don't see the point of this. First of all, the price of regular guns used for events have little relevance here as the senior admins can just spawn them whenever they like. If this is supposed to allow for regular players to create their own events, then I can say that it's just not going to work because an event is generally so big that it requires staff members to oversee it to make sure nobody cheats or goes around trolling or anything. Second, since airsoft guns can't actually hurt anyone, this would pretty much be exactly like using regular guns but without ammo, and what's the point of that? Also, if these airsoft BBs are actually supposed to leave some sort of mark on your body, then good luck making that look good in the Source engine. And if you are aiming for realism, then why would airsoft BBs leave marks on you. Those kinds of BBs are used very rarely as they aren't very practical and can potentially damage the gun. Additionally, why would police or SWAT need to train with these airsoft guns. They are already trained. They wouldn't have these jobs if they weren't trained.
I wanted the event side of it to be sport-like. e.g. Players have an airsoft game together.

Status
Not open for further replies.