Chief of Department Appointment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
chiefs.png

PARALAKE POLICE DEPARTMENT
Chief of Department Appointment
Hello,

A few weeks ago I posted about the out-going Chiefs of Department, which you can read here. Following this I took on the role as Caretaker Chief of Department, and began the recruitment of a new Chief of Department and Deputy Chief of Department with @Jord.

I am pleased to announce that the recruitment process for the Chief of Department role concluded today, and the transition period is over. @Acerius has been selected as the new Chief of Department.

We want to be completely transparent about how the recruitment process was completed. Here are the exact steps that were completed:
  • Each applicant submitted an application, which included whether they wanted to become DCoD, CoD or both.
  • Background checks were performed on each applicant, including vetting by Internal Affairs, Community Management and their Line Managers.
  • A list of CoD candidates were selected based on the previous two stages.
  • A competency based interview where applicant was assessed against a set of standard questions, along with any outstanding concerns regarding their application. These interviews were completed by @TinySlayer and @Madda as experienced and independent PD members.
  • The final list of candidates were reviewed against the Role Profile with representatives from the administration, community and development teams.
We appreciate that this may have been an unexpected decision for many people within the community, but it was not something that was taken without due consideration. We would like to assure you that Acerius has the full backing of the community leadership teams. It was a difficult choice to make, but they scored the highest went assessed against the role profile, and we look forward to seeing what they can bring to the PLPD over the next few weeks and months.

Promoting a non-command candidate to CoD means that we need to recruit an extremely strong candidate for DCoD. Luckily there are no less than 6 strong candidates for this role, and are confident that we will be able to select one that is able to support Acerius and create a highly effective team.

Acerius has provided the following statement after this promotion.
Acerius said:
I would like to thank those who partook in the processing and interviewing of applications for Chief of Department for their deep and meaningful involvement. It was a challenging but rewarding process to be involved in and I am deeply grateful that I was judged to hold the capabilities to carry out the duties of this important office.

I am looking forward to the weeks and months ahead, which will involve having conversations with both the command teams and the wider Department about the future we have together. I want everyone to feel that they have a voice and that the Chief and Deputy Chief are more accessible. That is why particularly over the next few months, I want to focus on engagement and relationships throughout the Department, between different ranks and different divisions.

I will release more communications regarding my plans in the not-too-distant future and will be looking to have those conversations with people as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you have any questions, comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

The next step is to recruit a Deputy Chief of Department from the remaining applicants. I will be conducting this process with @Acerius in the next week or so.

There will also be a formal performance review completed with the new CoD and DCoD after 6 weeks, and will happen every 3 months after that. This review will have the power to remove chiefs from their roles if they do not have the support of the PD. This review will be completed by a representative from each of the community leadership teams. Each representative will be an experienced member of PD command, who does not currently hold a command role. Currently the panel will be as follows:
Personally I will be returning to my rank of Staff Sergeant as Quartermaster. I would like to personally thank everyone for their patience with me while I have held the role of caretaker.

Best Regards,
TinySlayer
Quartermaster

Status
Not open for further replies.