[CLOSED] Mic doesn't work in-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
"I'm having trouble getting my microphone to work inside Garry's Mod. After trying multiple 'solutions', I ended up in a standstill. My Steam settings have selected my speakers for my recording device but I can't seem to switch it back. Every time I try to change the device, it keeps choosing my speakers and headphones over my microphone. Any ideas? http://imgur.com/a/oTntJ <---Here's what it looks like."

^Made a thread here just in case someone happens to know what to do here.

Reaction score
Are you sure it isn't picking up this by accident?
98be3f8a8d.png

Just disable any input devices for your microphone that aren't necessary and just leave your primary one and it shouldn't switch anymore (although it's already acting weird considering it's set as your default device). Try to the same for output devices too.

Reaction score
What kind of headset do you use? I'll help you out.

One thing you can do is deactivate all the sound things in that playback tab and then plug in your headset and try finding it through there.

Reaction score
I use the Samson Meteor Mic and some speakers. I can't provide a picture of them though.
[DOUBLEPOST=1484639059,1484589106][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay, guys, I fixed the problem, at least the part where it doesnt select on Steam, with the most fucking stupid solution possible: updating to Windows 10.
Will try it on GMod later.

Status
Not open for further replies.