Police Suggestion Command Activity Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea: Require any officer ranking from Lieutenant - Deputy Chief accumulate a minimum of 10 hours on duty in a given month (unless an LOA is granted.) On top of this I personally believe Command members should not be able to take LOA’s above 1 month without their position being in jeoporady ( I know sometimes these things can’t be controlled and exceptions can be made)

What benefits would this idea have for the department:

currently there is a dire lack of active supervisors in the department, it is my own personal belief that as a command member your activity should be the same if not higher than a normal SGT. Typically leading by example is a more effective strategy to the latter. 10 hours isn’t much to ask for at all, and Command work isn’t exactly hard or time consuming, and can often be done whilst patrolling with other officers. There is no reason why command shouldn’t be held to higher standards, and there isn’t much reason that command members hold a rank in the PLPD that tbey

What potential negatives could this have for the department:

Literally

Other additions:

Reaction score
I don't see why we got rid of activity requirements in the first place. If someone doesn't come on as cop for like three months in a row, then why are they still cop?

Status
Not open for further replies.