Police Suggestion Command Activity Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea: Require any officer ranking from Lieutenant - Deputy Chief accumulate a minimum of 10 hours on duty in a given month (unless an LOA is granted.) On top of this I personally believe Command members should not be able to take LOA’s above 1 month without their position being in jeoporady ( I know sometimes these things can’t be controlled and exceptions can be made)

What benefits would this idea have for the department:

currently there is a dire lack of active supervisors in the department, it is my own personal belief that as a command member your activity should be the same if not higher than a normal SGT. Typically leading by example is a more effective strategy to the latter. 10 hours isn’t much to ask for at all, and Command work isn’t exactly hard or time consuming, and can often be done whilst patrolling with other officers. There is no reason why command shouldn’t be held to higher standards, and there isn’t much reason that command members hold a rank in the PLPD that tbey

What potential negatives could this have for the department:

Literally

Other additions:

Reaction score
+Support although I see some command members every now and again on duty, I believe all command members excluding the CoD to help out being on duty, maybe though this can exclude line managers but I think it’ll be a help to increase activity of command. Another thing is maybe a activity requirement for Sergeants too. It’s been thrown around a lot stating that many sergeants are inactive so I would also suggest bringing and activity requirement for them too.

Reaction score
The difference between being a supervisor (corporal to staff sgt) and being a command member (Lieutenant+) is that quite often command are doing their work outside of the main server mostly. From the start of the week to the end of the week yesterday Ive probably spent 5 hours on the training server doing stage 2’s and 3’s, but not a lot of time on the main server as a result.

Is there really a shortage of supervisors? There was more sergeants than corporals last time I checked.

Reaction score
Majority of the Sergeants are inactive according to a lot of people 32 Sergeants Approximately and 20 or something odd Corporals

Reaction score
There is more sergeants, many inactive. The command team does a lot outside of patrolling in the main server, but it would be nice to see their faces a little bit more often. But, if they were patrolling all the time, the PLPD would fall apart. Theyre usually busy with other stuff.

Reaction score
But that only happens at max once a month. Command work isn’t something that requires countless hours of dedication outside of the live server. And a decent chunk can be done when you are on duty.

Reaction score
In that case I think it’d be more ideal to bring activity requirements in for Supervisors ranked Corporal to Staff Sergeant therefore we can begin to remove the inactive supervisors and let new ones in.

Reaction score
It can sort of variety depending on how many roles they have such as training ones, but 10 Hours a month isn’t hard to complete, although I’m only a RTU Officer and dispatcher I mange to get 70 hours of duty time in

Reaction score
Many command members do way more than 10hours a month in PLPD work, but spend no time in game, because they have admin work etc. This feels unnecessary, they do lots of work out of game

Reaction score
We need to rember the PD is a vurtial police department. These people aren't getting paid. They have jobs to do or schools to attend. Like many pointed out they make these 10 hours easly but behind the sences. I rather have LT+ do their desk job properly than act a supervisor in game. I can do that my self but. But I can not run the IA department.

Reaction score
I agree with @BigBenji, command members also spend their time of the server. There's no need to up the activity requirement for them on the server. I'm sure they do more hours then you think of the server @Bert

Reaction score
i completely agree on this @Alliat as you've pointed out it's still a game, 10 hours a week is a lot for some people that got jobs/school to attend to. We may indeed not forget we still play perp cause it's fun not to get burned out because of the activity requirements getting higher. I personally believe command members do enough of administrative work of the server that their activity requirement doesn't need to be more then normal supervisors like me. The only thing we need to do is fill in ORs and tbh that ain't that hard and only takes around 5 minutes each OR after patrolling with an officer.

Reaction score
Don't see why it's nessacary, command members do a huge amount of admin work which holds them back from being on the main server.

Reaction score
I get paid in perp cash if that counts? (admin bonus)
Serious note,
I see no need to increase the command activity requirement. It was lowered for a reason.

Reaction score
Honestly, if anything, the command activity requirement should just be removed.
This suggestion makes it feel so strict, the moment I need to go and take an LOA I'd be removed.

A1L

Reaction score
There is currently no command activity, since the 30th of April, the activity policies has been void and nothing has been said or done yet about it, so technically you go on a LOA without contacting People Services, nor is there an actual requirement for any rank at all at the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.