Constant BSOD with different errors under load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score

When playing any games, and sometimes when not playing a game at all but just browsing fixes for this issue, I get a BSOD. There have been like 10 different error codes so far and I am just lost, I have no idea what to even try at this point and I am about to RMA my entire PC part by part. It usually happens when I play a game, I would in this case run a Benchmark test for F1 2020 and it would give me a BSOD with different codes everytime. I have taken pictures of a few, which can be found below. It also occured playing CS:GO and Phasmophobia, so it is not a game issue.

All my drivers are up to date, my BIOS version is F31b (Gigabyte X570 Gaming X) and my windows version is Windows 10 Pro Build 1903 (I downgraded from 2004 due to people getting BSOD from that, it didn't fix it)

Specs:

- Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X

- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

- CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 4

- GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Windforce OC

- RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200Mhz 2x8GB

- Drives: 500GB Samsung 970 Evo & 1TB WD Blue SATA SSD

- PSU: Corsair RM 750X (750Watt)

- Fans: 2x 140mm CoolerMaster MF140R & 2x 120mm CoolerMaster MF120R

Some photos of the BSODs

MiniDumps are attached, so is PERFMON.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALEAikWsWqE

List of stuff I have tried without succes:

- Updating BIOS

- Reinstalling Windows

- Memtest

- OCCT

- Disk Scan

- Updating drivers

- Reinstalling drivers

- Turning off fast boost

- I have tried so much that I don't remember it all, I will edit the post if I can think of more.

Mindump download (Click will download)

https://linustechtips.com/main/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=634759

Perfmon download (Click will download)

https://linustechtips.com/main/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=634766

Reaction score
If you think it's your RAM, try playing with just a single stick in for a while. If it still happens, try the other stick.

Also try a memory test with each stick on it's own.
Yeah i did that test at 2AM midnight so i went to bed, going to dk that when i get home

Reaction score
I've had this kind of issue before with my old RAM and 1st Gen Ryzen, your XMP/D.O.C.P profile might be set too high. Try just running it on its rated speed and maybe set the voltage to 1.35v (mine does this automatically when enabling XMP/D.O.C.P). If not, try using the other slots in the usual dual channel set-up.

Your cooling solution is really good but might be worth looking into temperatures too, disable PBO for your Ryzen CPU if you have it enabled.

Reaction score
I've had this kind of issue before with my old RAM and 1st Gen Ryzen, your XMP/D.O.C.P profile might be set too high. Try just running it on its rated speed and maybe set the voltage to 1.35v (mine does this automatically when enabling XMP/D.O.C.P). If not, try using the other slots in the usual dual channel set-up.

Your cooling solution is really good but might be worth looking into temperatures too, disable PBO for your Ryzen CPU if you have it enabled.
Check my latest reply I am about to post. It was already on 1.35 and SOC was on 1.1 already too. I have fixed it though, so no worries, thanks.

Reaction score
I have fixed the issue, 1 of my RAM modules is faulty. It didn't post with 1 of them in, when I swapped them it worked like a charm.

If you encounter a similar issue, download MemTest86, plop it onto a USB drive and boot from it and just let it do its thing.

When errors are found, try taking out 1 module and running the test like that, if you get more errors, swap the modules and try again. If they both do it they are both faulty.

Make sure XMP/DOCP is ON!!!!!!! Go into your BIOS and Enable XMP/DOCP.

8GB is fine for now, I have contacted the store I bought it from so it will all be fine, thanks everyone for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.