Content Bug Report (Random model(s) being an error instead)

Reaction score
Type of Bug: Content

Description of the Bug: Random model(s) being an error instead

How to reproduce the Bug: Just connecting to the server, nothing on my end being done.

Time Stamp: Past week or so

Errors: Extremely random, sometimes it's a bench, a weapon part, a piece of clothing, a lamp post, a window will just be a full red "ERROR" model and its generally 2-3 of those, tends to happen when I connect to the server and I'm frozen in place and can't move for a while. Extremely annoying because sometimes I won't know until mid shootout and someone is just a big fat error because part of his gun model is "missing" and is an error.

I have reinstalled both content packs, cleared my gmod cache and its still happening.

Just connected now and the subs roof missing, can't have shit in detroit.

Media:
JEu3Ihe.png

Upvote 0
Reaction score
What about the Paralake map content? It seems like the roof model is failing to load or it is missing

Reaction score
Try unsubscribing/resubscribing to the workshop addons, this is usually caused by a corrupted download which is only fixed by redownloading it.

Reaction score
Seems like a 2 part bug from playing the past few days.

If I connect and the player count is something like 100+, I almost always get stuck the first time I connect, I can't move with WASD, everybody around me appears frozen on the spot, but I can hear audio/people talking and if I hold Q and drop something it will drop it (notice it when I reconnect later) but my client doesn't update any of that information for whatever reason. So I'm forced to reconnect by simply retrying in console, and then everything is fine, but the above instead becomes an issue where some random models are errors - and it really is random models.

I've heard that other people run into this too, and I've tried almost every possible thing on my end and can't think of anything else that would fix it.

Reaction score
What addons do you have mounted? Including games as well.
Have you tried running it in 64bit/chromium build?
Is your game on a HDD or SSD? (as silly as this sounds, it might actually help using a SSD)
Are you using any command line or cfg files?

Gmod is a piece of shit sometimes which is why I'm asking these questions that may not sound relevant and I've had that same issue with the client not updating at all until reconnecting for the second time, don't remember how I even fixed it but maybe see if running a VPN fixes it? Though I'd understand playing on a VPN isn't feasible, it could help pinpoint the cause.

Reaction score
Seems like a 2 part bug from playing the past few days.

If I connect and the player count is something like 100+, I almost always get stuck the first time I connect, I can't move with WASD, everybody around me appears frozen on the spot, but I can hear audio/people talking and if I hold Q and drop something it will drop it (notice it when I reconnect later) but my client doesn't update any of that information for whatever reason. So I'm forced to reconnect by simply retrying in console, and then everything is fine, but the above instead becomes an issue where some random models are errors - and it really is random models.

I've heard that other people run into this too, and I've tried almost every possible thing on my end and can't think of anything else that would fix it.
its your config, same thing happens to me