Server Suggestion Cowering NPCs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea:

Have cowering NPCs report the shots near them to 911 if they aren’t interacted with for 30 seconds. The 911 message will say “reports of shots fired at (location) in the (district)

If you shoot near an NPC making them cower, you can interact with them if you have a gun out with 2 dialogue options.

Dialogue option 1:
”Shut the fuck up and stay down, any sketchy movements and I’ll shoot!”
This will result in them not reporting the shots or delaying the report.

“I swear I put this thing on safe!”
this will result in them reporting the shots.

Criminal NPCs will not report shots.

Why should this be added? (pros):
- Will make the Rule regarding NPCs self enforcing.
- Makes sense.

What negatives could this have? (cons):
- people shooting near NPCs to start shootouts with cops I guess.​

Reaction score
What would be the range for this? If you shoot at McUwes you can hear it at the Business Gas Station too. Would all of them call or only the nearest one..

I'd say yes for this but there is always a NPC close enough to hear shots so maybe make it RNG if they call or not? This would also prevent people shooting to get a shootout as it is not guaranteed to get a 911 call.

Reaction score
  • Staff
It would be dependant on the NPC, and their purpose and location. Shots being fired inside the hospital for example will set all the NPCs inside the hospital off. Shots fired in or outside a gas station will set the gas station NPC off. No NPC typically should report something that happens outside their location box or whatever property they are inside of.

Reaction score
  • Staff
Hopefully their won’t be any cancer vigilante NPCs, they’ll only report shots that happen directly in their vicinity or direct eyeshot.

Reaction score
  • Staff
Suppressors generally aren’t all that quiet, but I reckon for the sake of gameplay, if possible, suppressors could have a reduced range?

Reaction score
I cant react like but I want to react like so here is a thumb
LGWX-LEVnZ_MPMGQfoHkakxS6euI5MdmV0e45wtTM9AfuQ1Ood_Eh9oK-C86Bdmb9VcVHXzontDTIUzDpRZlpz3EzlKCwXeZbOg-h0jKOzRJDfwxyyI

Status
Not open for further replies.