Server Suggestion Craft Display props

Reaction score
Description of the idea: Allow players to craft props that are not functional for display/rp.

example: If you wanted to place a gun as a prop you would either need to drop it (allowing people to pick it up) Or put it as "Not for sale" using a cash register, the second option is fine except it leaves the big red text above it whereas I propose that we are able to craft a special "Display Only" item using the original, I think having it as an option in a separate tab in the crafting menu, with it requiring no extra mats to craft them, just the item itself (Abuse of this can be dealt with by staff?). This would mean that players could place items that are not normal props such as guns, crafting materials and drugs without them having to use the cash register or drop them as items to be picked up. Note that players would need to have the original item to be able to craft a display prop. Any item crafted into a display item should be able to be uncrafted back into the normal item it came from. Should require workbench to craft so people cant do it on the fly. OR make it an option to remove all text from cash register when dropping items @Travis

Why should this be added? (pros): Would be great for passive RP, Better than the cash registers big red text.

What negatives could this have? (cons): Can be abused. Potentially lot of dev time as it would maybe require whole new crafting menu tab

*Other additions: depending on how people feel, the display items could require some extra mats to make. Also they should not contribute to crafting levels or require any crafting level to make. Maybe make money suitcase prop craftable

Reaction score
I think what would be easier is to just add a display option to the cash registers so that the item is dropped without that huge NOT FOR SALE red text. Possibly even incorporate items into the picture frames!

Reaction score
I think what would be easier is to just add a display option to the cash registers so that the item is dropped without that huge NOT FOR SALE red text. Possibly even incorporate items into the picture frames!
yes