Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have tried to find and use several fixes all around, but none so far works

Specs:
I7-7700k Kaby lake
Geforce GTX 1070
16 gb RAM
144hz monitor (+60hz second monitor)

Whenever I play CS:GO I experience stuttering if my computer has been on for 1+ hour. It seems to only happen when turning around with my mouse (even the slightest tilt causes a lot of stutter). I can fix this by restarting my computer, but that only works for a short amount of time before the stuttering continues. This only occurs for CSGO, battlefield 1 for instance runs smoothly on all high settings, along with other games.

List of attempted fixes (that I remember doing):
-Capping fps at 90 and 60
-Restart computer (works for a short amount of time)
-Running CSGO in different modes (fullscreen/fullscreen windowed)

Attempted fixed as of this thread being posted
-Setting nvidia to maximum performance > quality
- "-freq 144" and "-144hz"
-CSGO battery saving mode is off
-Unplugging 2nd monitor
-Lowering refresh rate from 144hz to 100hz'
-DVR is off (xbox app recorder)
-

Last edited:
Reaction score
Try unplugging the second monitor? Could cause all sorts of shenanigans, check your Nvidia settings to see if the prefered peformance/power mode is set to maximum performance and that in cs:go itself the laptop battery saving option is disabled. That's all that I can think of for now so try that.

Reaction score
1. Turn all settings to low, if you use high then you're probably retarded.
2. Get some launch options. I'll put mine if you want them.
3. Check your Nvidia settings as Creepis said, what he mentioned is crucial and is normally the common denominator for stuttering like this.
4. For some reason when I had this same issue I didn't realize I had a bunch of background processes start up with cs, I noticed my BF1 Etc run fine but CS was fucked. Things such as my Faceit, ESEA and ESL anti cheat would insta pop up and literally fuck my game. Check your processes when it starts up and see what starts having a fit.
5. Aim prac, always helps. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.