Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2538

Topic: Death penalty

Short explanation (in notes):
- The lietenant may sentence a warranted player to death
- An option in the prison
- Kills the suspect

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
The server is allways looking for added realism, here it is! In most of the states in the USA, a death penalty is a charge for murder or terroism. This would add realism and mabye knock some sense into those terrorists who get 2 years! However, this would be limited to LIETENANT only to prevent abuse by bad rpers.

Optional additions:
- A map change to add the electric chair
- A public vote to sentence the suspect to deat

Deleted member 1235

Although there are some states that have the death penalty. They do not go and run into the guys house and shoot him dead. He will still be arrested and remain in jail. Why have the death penalty when you can just jail them for 10 years. They'll be waiting a long time if not longer in jail then for them to re-spawn.

-Support. Not North Korea RP

Reaction score
-Support. I believe this was in evocity and it was removed for a reason. Like death for speeding etc.

Trande

Since death isn't that bad a death penalty will be useless.

And it will end in the whole police force forming a shooting squad to kill him, like back in Evo.

- support

Reaction score
Please learn to read the rules.
"4.13 Capital punishment- Capital punishment (Execution)in not allowed under any circumstance."

Reaction score
Your idea should get the death penalty. Ba dum tiss.

There were so many people who went to jail for 3 years who got gassed in evocity. I don't recommend this at all.

Ayjay

Reaction score
You spelt lieutenant wrong.

This wouldn't work, at all.
Fuck your 'realism' thing - Why don't we get players to wait 12 years on the death penalty waiting list before dying.
How about we add a school, to 'improve realism'.

All this stuff, is not needed - Even with the applications for supervisors; this would be used and abused just like Jimmy Savilles victims. It's something which has been discussed before, and the sole reason for not re-adding it and the reason it got removed is because it's absolutley pointless and would get out of hand very quickly.

The current jail system is sweet, and you can make suspects suffer for 10 minutes of waiting time; what's the point in killing them straight off and letting them have less time and less of a punishment. It's absolutley un-necessary and would only be added for police officers enjoyment.

- A public vote to sentence the suspect to death
You really think anyone is going to vote against someone getting buzzed to death in an electric chair?

TL;DR - Completley pointless, not needed.

Reaction score
Gas chamber in Evo was great, sending medics in to pull out the bodies then gassing them 10/10

Reaction score
Very long opinion
Bad Points:

1. This sounds silly what I'm about to say. But time in prison means you have to stay on ICly, but if you're executed, you can leave your computer and do something else (Given that you're not unconscious), or even disconnect. 10 years actually means that there are OOC drawbacks (As in it's boring to sit in prison for 10 minutes while you could be doing something else.) so I think people will be more reckless because they think it'll be easier.

2. You say that only Lieutenants are able to execute, this is a problem in itself because the lieutenant would have to do 3 things other than PoliceRP; answer 911 calls, manage police force, issuing warrants and the newly added feature "New police officers that want to execute someone because they ran two red lights" So sergeants would be able to do this? No, this still means that sergeants are stopped from fulfilling their duties as sergeants because now they have to also ensure that people are executed. So the last option is normal police officers being able to do this.

3. Will be abused instantly, I give it 5 minutes before someone incorrectly executes someone, with the jail time, you interpretate how long they will serve according to your own judgement, so how would new players be able to give appropriate sentencing?

4. The amount of reports regarding officers not performing their duties correctly would sky rocket, because they would execute unnecessarily, if someone was being a dick, like saying "You suck at driving" because the cop went over the double yellows slightly with 150 ping, chances are cop would hate him and would want him executed.

Good Points:

1. Realism, because if you've murdered 50% of the city's population, you'd get executed IRL.

2. Would mean that offenders have an NLR timer, so they can't chase the cops that arrested them.

TL;DR - Too much work for LT, Abuse, OOC drawbacks, Report amount, more bad than good.

Verdict: -Support Nah, too many bad points to good points, sorry bud but I don't see this happening.

Reaction score
Very long opinion
Bad Points:

1. This sounds silly what I'm about to say. But time in prison means you have to stay on ICly, but if you're executed, you can leave your computer and do something else (Given that you're not unconscious), or even disconnect. 10 years actually means that there are OOC drawbacks (As in it's boring to sit in prison for 10 minutes while you could be doing something else.) so I think people will be more reckless because they think it'll be easier.

2. You say that only Lieutenants are able to execute, this is a problem in itself because the lieutenant would have to do 3 things other than PoliceRP; answer 911 calls, manage police force, issuing warrants and the newly added feature "New police officers that want to execute someone because they ran two red lights" So sergeants would be able to do this? No, this still means that sergeants are stopped from fulfilling their duties as sergeants because now they have to also ensure that people are executed. So the last option is normal police officers being able to do this.

3. Will be abused instantly, I give it 5 minutes before someone incorrectly executes someone, with the jail time, you interpretate how long they will serve according to your own judgement, so how would new players be able to give appropriate sentencing?

4. The amount of reports regarding officers not performing their duties correctly would sky rocket, because they would execute unnecessarily, if someone was being a dick, like saying "You suck at driving" because the cop went over the double yellows slightly with 150 ping, chances are cop would hate him and would want him executed.

Good Points:

1. Realism, because if you've murdered 50% of the city's population, you'd get executed IRL.

2. Would mean that offenders have an NLR timer, so they can't chase the cops that arrested them.

TL;DR - Too much work for LT, Abuse, OOC drawbacks, Report amount, more bad than good.

Verdict: -Support Nah, too many bad points to good points, sorry bud but I don't see this happening.

1. Execution can not be reckless as death stays up for up to 10 minutes, and 5 minutes NLR. So there is not much difference between jail time and death. Yes people would disconnect but wouldn't that be fail role play as you are evading death by disconnecting? In jail time I usually leave the computer and do something else, so there isn't much difference between the two.

2. Lieutenants should be able to permit the act of capital punishment against a murderer, they may not have much time but in the end it's only 3 things, I mean 911 calls take almost 40 seconds, so I don't see why you consider it as such a big job to answer 911 calls. Manage police force? This should be done at the start, or even through microphone if the lieutenant wishes to deploy police officers at a certain area, this is probably the most time consumer but for issuing warrants this can take a lot of time but in the end the lieutenant always has time it's not like he is a business man.

3. There is a reason for the police academy thing, it's to stop new players abusing the role of the lieutenant and sergeant, so they're white listed and therefore able to permit anything that could be abused in a way it would not be abusive.

4. Cops wouldn't be able to permit the act of capital punishment unless a police chief has permitted such action.

Too long for a comment.

Reaction score
Nonono this is not good. Why death sentence its horrible how did you come up with this!
-SUPPORT

Reaction score
-support

I'm going to give you one good reason why this is such a bad idea:

RP INCOMING

Suspect: "Sorry for speeding officer."
Officer: "Imma arrest you, u fokin' cunt."
Suspect: "Nooooooooooooooooooooooo (micspam)"
Officer: *brings man to execution jail*
Suspect: "Oh so I get executed? Yay!"
Officer: "Why is this so funny Mr Potato?"
Suspect: "Because it's actually less time than a jail sentence."