Server Suggestion Update the penal code laws to make them more balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Update the penal code laws to make them more balanced.
Suggestion Description: I was going through the penal code and we have some very similar charges and some balancing ideas, please see below;

A. 12.12 Reckless Driving and 12.11 Driving without due care are very similar charges. I would look to absorb these into a single charge with sentencing UP to a maximum of 5 years depending on the degree of seriousness (misdemeanour to a felony).

B. I would like to see introduced death by dangerous driving, it would look like this;

12.16 Death by Dangerous Driving
Offense Description:
Any person who operates a vehicle in a manner that exhibits a willful and extreme disregard for the safety of others, resulting in the death of another person, commits the offense of "Death by Dangerous Driving."
Felony:- Liable to 6 years maximum imprisonment and $5,000 fine.

C. 11.8 loitering, I think we add what constitutes "prolonged period" to avoid any ambiguity, such as 3 minutes. If the same individual is STILL loitering around the area 3 minutes later with no lawful reason to do so, we can issue a ticket.

D. 9.5 MURDER, I think to balance this against 11.11 which now stands at 9 years, then 9.5 needs to be increased to 12 years. The offence of 11.11 maximum sentence stands too close to the most serious crime murder 9.5 and during a "raid" it reduces the need for DNA as the suspect will only receive a 1 year difference in sentence.

Why should this be added?:
I think these changes would be beneficial to the balancing of the penal code.

What negatives could this have?:
Slightly longer sentencing for players but that means increased risk when raiding.

What problem would this suggestion solve?: It adds a new charge which doesn't exist which would hopefully prevent players from just deliberately running people over, jaywalk or not.

It also balances the charge between the 2 most serious offences which currently are too close together.

Reaction score
WE don't need more laws defining murder. But I do agree that the murder charge is not proportional to other charges at all.

Reaction score
WE don't need more laws defining murder. But I do agree that the murder charge is not proportional to other charges at all.
I’m with mr Til

Think the amount of laws is fine, potentially a few we could remove like you mentioned with 12.11 & 12.12

However, abit more balance and consequence would be good

Reaction score
Being in jail for more than 10 minutes is too much, unless there are actually things to do in jail for RP/reducing a concurrent sentence, this is a bad proposal. Change 11.11 to 7 years. We don't need 12.16, 9.6 exists like mentioned. 11.8 should be left at the discretion of the officer, should there be a problem then supervisors can deal with it.

Reaction score
Being in jail for more than 10 minutes is too much, unless there are actually things to do in jail for RP/reducing a concurrent sentence, this is a bad proposal. Change 11.11 to 7 years. We don't need 12.16, 9.6 exists like mentioned. 11.8 should be left at the discretion of the officer, should there be a problem then supervisors can deal with it.
It'd be dope to actually have stuff to do in jail... Other than that a 10 minute sentence is not really a deterrent. You literally get punished more as a cop for being in the PD during a PD raid and dying.

You go take that piss break you needed for the whole day, watch a YT video, touch grass and come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.