Demo Questions

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I was interested in how demos work for VC recording. These questions are mostly just me being interested and a little on if mods can listen in to my and my friend's private conversation recordings after we have left the server.

1. How long do demos last on the server?
  2. Are mods able to access them whenever they wish or do they need to request it from me first?
  3. Are they locally stored on my PC? If so, where can I find them?

Thank you for your time.

Hello everyone!

I was interested in how demos work for VC recording. These questions are mostly just me being interested and a little on if mods can listen in to my and my friend's private conversation recordings after we have left the server.

1. How long do demos last on the server?
  2. Are mods able to access them whenever they wish or do they need to request it from me first?
  3. Are they locally stored on my PC? If so, where can I find them?

Thank you for your time.
1. Demos last for 1 hour.
2. They will request them from you and you have to comply according to 1.6
3 They are located with in the Garrys Mod Game Folder

2. There is a but to this. Mods can see all demos in your folder but not access them and will know if a Demo is missing as you must keep all demos for 21 days as it may help decide the outcome of an action request. It is seen by mods viewing an admin menu.
TL;DR
Can be seen by mods but not accessed unless uploaded/requested
don't remove the demos

1. They record 1hour sessions, they are automatically deleted after 21 days, as theres a settign for it on the server.
2. they request it from u, if u dont comply u may be banned due to rule 1.6
3. Its in ur gmod folder somewhere

Back