We are currently looking for 3-5 End-End Testers that can help us test BlueDuck during development.
End-to-end testing is a Software testing methodology to test an application flow from start to end. The purpose of End to end testing is to simulate the real user scenario and validate the system under test and its components for integration and data integrity.
The ideal candidate should be hardworking and self-motivated. Experience in the following areas are also good but not required:
- Web Development
- E2E Testing
The plan is to have weekly testing sessions, these will be held during the evening on weekends so if you apply it is important that you are avalible during weekends. These sessions will of course be announced prior to them happening.
Some information about BlueDuck,
- BlueDuck is the new PLPD Online. This new website will make future police changes possible and will allow SMT to perform changes to eg, ranks without code changes.
- BlueDuck is written in PHP, on the framework Laravel.
- The project "BlueDuck" has been in development since late 2018 with several long breaks.
- The BlueDuck project currently has 8 testers/developers. Some of these do front-end code, back-end code and some only do testing.
- BlueDuck is created with speed, security and uptime in mind. BlueDuck will not have errors like the current website when Steam or PERP is down/"lagging".
Upon the completion of this project, all members involved in helping out will receive a bonus for their effort.
If you're interested, apply via a formless PM to @McGlinchy and @Samuel.
Got questions? Reply below or send us a PM.