Discussing Custom Weapon Skins

What is your view on custom weapon skins?

• Allow Skins

Votes: 42 40.8%
  • Ban Skins

Votes: 61 59.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
my proposed compromise is make it viewmodel only so you can't see skins of the guns on the ground, guns on other people's back or hands and the only time you see the skin is if you yourself hold it.

Reaction score
How about:
  • Add new functionality to the gun store in city, whereby skins/wraps can be purchased for different guns;
  • Have the community vote on skins to be added to the game, after they have been checked to ensure they are fine, and do this voting every couple of months or so;
  • Have a wardrobe-style system whereby people can customise the looks for their guns and have it saved.
Conscious that the feasibility of this may not even be at all existent as there is already so much content but just food for thought.
I suggested that skins approved by smt should be allowed. This is a really good idea to me.

Reaction score
I suggested that skins approved by smt should be allowed. This is a really good idea to me.
Just seems like a hassle, Allow them or disallow them. I also like these two options than having someones opinion accepting/denying because they think (oh this is 5% brighter than that skin). I said from the start when they first became a thing they shouldn't be allowed. Yes I use them and I wouldn't really care if I wasn't allowed.

Reaction score
this is a good point, if admins can screengrab they can easily see what skins they use. So how would this be hard to enforce if we had some preselected and approved skins by the community

You have me fucked up if you think I am spending hours going through your skins to see who's sad enough to make their guns glow in the dark.

Reaction score
I'd say no to this, just because I don't want people to have an unfair advantage by just running around with bright pink skins and seeing people in areas such as the forest because of the use of weapon skins. However instead of having skins, I believe that stickers to guns should be added instead.

Reaction score
MsvfAxi.png

Hi there,

I've been made aware that some players and staff members are concerned with the custom weapon skins that have been used. We initially decided to make an approval system per weapon however this has already been problematic as some players systems view these skins differently to others and it is proving near impossible to police this. Therefore I thought I would see what the public view is on allowing or disallowing custom skins before we make a decision.

2048px-Eo_circle_green_checkmark.svg.png
Allow Skins
You are free to modify skins however you like, including glow in the dark style skins.
240px-Red_X.svg.png
Ban Skins
It will not be allowed to modify your skins at all.

The following are examples of the skins currently being used on the server.

UUJpWVQrUUn8GSTC.png

vyb8X38u1a46caQV.png

j9Co0Pq.png
I say that, you should ban glowing things like the sako, g36c and the pink ones, if you actually try to make cool skins like the ak-47 ice coaled, it shouldnt be against the rules. The fact that someone uses this for advantage is sad. Should only be used for some nice cosmetics and to add something to the weapons instead of the basics.

So, Ban glowing skins and not cool skins like ice coaled. Would be the admins decision if it is used for advantage or for it to be cool!

gaz duppy

Communication Banned
Reaction score
MsvfAxi.png

Hi there,

I've been made aware that some players and staff members are concerned with the custom weapon skins that have been used. We initially decided to make an approval system per weapon however this has already been problematic as some players systems view these skins differently to others and it is proving near impossible to police this. Therefore I thought I would see what the public view is on allowing or disallowing custom skins before we make a decision.

2048px-Eo_circle_green_checkmark.svg.png
Allow Skins
You are free to modify skins however you like, including glow in the dark style skins.
240px-Red_X.svg.png
Ban Skins
It will not be allowed to modify your skins at all.

The following are examples of the skins currently being used on the server.

UUJpWVQrUUn8GSTC.png

vyb8X38u1a46caQV.png

j9Co0Pq.png
is the blue inventory ok and thee black 1 not ok

Status
Not open for further replies.