[DISCUSSION] When should it be appropriate to KOS Cops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Serious discussion post!

Today we are going to be debating a fairly grey area on the rules of the server: When it is and is not justifiable to shoot and kill police officers on the server.
In my opinion, the only justifiable reasons to shoot cops is:

-Your friend is going away for a crime that can total 6+ Years in jail
- Yourself or your friend is about to be restrained carrying $2k+ Of narcotics
- Yourself or your friend has committed any serious offence with a firearm of a value of +$25k

- A police officer or government employee has managed to gain evidence of a narcotics operation you are involved with
- A cop is using an extreme amount of force to attempt to detain you or a friend
- You believe a friend or yourself may be warranted for murder or another serious offence and a police officer is attempting to pull over or detain you.

Now, the amount of years it takes to justify mass murder of police officers is fairly subjective, this thread is to discuss how long YOU think a potential jail sentence is to justify murdering LEO's.

Keep in mind, if the killing of officers over minor (5- years) then it could lead to a knock on affect on the servers atmosphere, meaning Cops may resort to a more aggressive demeanor if they lose the ability to safely and confidently arrest people for minor crimes.

If it is too high, however, it will lead to overconfidence in the PD, meaning alot of officers will be arresting people for attempted murder and other serious charges (That dont involve shootings or murder) without the need for backup, meaning the atmosphere in the server will get ALOT more boring.​

Reaction score
To be honest this thread is just gonna be people saying either 7 years as it's been a thing we've had before, however I think it's really dependant on what the person you're trying to rescue is going in for, not how long.

Reaction score
- A cop is using an extreme amount of force to attempt to detain you or a friend
There's not really a lot of you can do about that. You just have to put up with it, only option is IA.

You believe a friend or yourself may be warranted for murder or another serious offence and a police officer is attempting to pull over or detain you.
I was told you're not allowed to assume you're warranted and just shoot cops. You have to be very certain or something that you're warranted before you can do anything.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
The way I think about 2.5 and 3.4 is:

-You can only evade arrest if you are already liable to more than you would be prior to Evading.
E.g liable to Physical assault or Murder which is 7-10 years as evading would be around 5 years under 6.9

-You can only kill or attempt to kill an officer if you or the guy you are liable or the guy you're helping is detained for a crime that is greater or the same as you'd be liable for.
E.g risking 7-10 years for someone that fleed for no reason is not ok because they are liable to only 5 years. But someone thats shot someone is liable to 7 years to it would be fine.

Hard to explain but thats how I think.

With the drugs you have to do something stupid to get yourself detained with 500 drugs on you. Because of that I dont think 75k of drugs is good enough to KOS cops because you are only liable to 3 years because that's not the reason why you'd be arrested to begin with.

Reaction score
With the drugs you have to do something stupid to get yourself detained with 500 drugs on you. Because of that I dont think 75k of drugs is good enough to KOS cops because you are only liable to 3 years because that's not the reason why you'd be arrested to begin with.
But you loose 75k. 10k, 10y is still less than 75k.
Besides it takes more time than 10y (technically 40y).

3.4 is not a very nicely defined rule. IT can vary from situation to situation. Money and Freedom should play the biggest factor.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
But you loose 75k. 10k, 10y is still less than 75k.
Besides it takes more time than 10y (technically 40y).

3.4 is not a very nicely defined rule. IT can vary from situation to situation. Money and Freedom should play the biggest factor.
Like I said you would randomly get detained and searched for drugs. Youd have to do something stupid to get arrested with 500 drugs on you so I dont think its an excuse.

Reaction score
Like I said you would randomly get detained and searched for drugs. Youd have to do something stupid to get arrested with 500 drugs on you so I dont think its an excuse.
You don't need to do something stupid. You can get detained for a shootout starting 5s and you try going somewhere, an officer detains you and searches you instantly. Happens quite often and it's annoying.

rat

Reaction score
my philosophy is as long as you can justify your reasoning you should be able to do something

but then again that kind of attitude is a tad too mature for perphead's current playerbase so i'd realistically anything classed as a felony

but then again that also includes a lot of low level crimes so it wouldnt really work

Reaction score
I believe that you can KOS cops if you/your friend has committed a crime that could land you in jail for more than 6 years, however this does have some exceptions.

For example, if you are growing drugs in your apartment, an officer snaps a picture, and you've a raid incoming. Do you surrender? No. But should you have?

Currently the law states:

8.1 Possession of Restricted Substances with Intent to Use
Any restricted substance shall be illegal to possess with the intent to use.
Infraction - liable to $1,500 maximum fine and asset forfeiture.

8.2 Possession of Restricted Substances with Intent to Supply
Any restricted substance shall be illegal to possess with the intent to supply others.
Felony - liable to 3 years maximum imprisonment, $4,000 maximum fine and asset forfeiture.

8.3 Possession of Restricted Substances with Intent to Produce
Any restricted substance shall be illegal to possess with the intent to produce further narcotics.
Misdemeanor - liable to 4 years maximum imprisonment, $4,000 maximum fine and asset forfeiture.

Whichever one you want to use, the max is 4 years in jail. If you decide to shoot officers, you increase your sentence from 4 years to 8 years (Law 9.2 Physical Assualt with an Offensive Weapon) and if you actually have good aim and end up killing an officer its 10 years.

The main factor of why people shoot the police officers in that circumstance is financial loss.

Lets say, in this circumstance you live with 2 other people and collectively have:
- 3 x M4A1 - Rifle Compensator - Magazine - M4A1 Stock - Red Dot Sight = $65,610 (0% Tax)
- 3x 2 Planter boxes growing Marijuana ≈ $45,000

In total that's $110,610 that you stand to lose. For 1 person, it'd be $36,870.

In this scenario, I'd say it's completely fine to risk your life and try/take down the police.

But what if the scenario was different and you lived on your own with:

- Walther PPK - Magazine = $3250
- 2 Planter boxes growing Marijuana ≈ $15,000

Totalling $18,320. Would it still be acceptable to kill the police? I mean, you and 1 PPK against 16 Police Officers. Surely that's 3.4? But does it also mean that I can't protect my drugs

I think that if you financially stand to lose $15,000 as an individual you can kill the police, however I'm unsure if this could still apply if my AK-47, with a red dot sight, is being confiscated for unlawful transport.

Furthermore, these situations vary to friends that have broken laws or an M82 of yours being confiscated for unlawful transport. It's quite a mix and can range to a number of scenarios.

In terms of people being arrested, I believe that if their jail time comes to 7 years or over, it would be enough for me to help them escape and kill cops. This is just something that I've gone with for a long time as it seems to be a long time to be put in jail for.

In my opinion, it currently seems to be a very debatable topic and would be great if the Senior Administration Team could provide some sort of insight and clarification into what is/isn't allowed (@Ayjay @TinySlayer).

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
I believe that you can KOS cops if you/your friend has committed a crime that could land you in jail for more than 6 years, however this does have some exceptions.

For example, if you are growing drugs in your apartment, an officer snaps a picture, and you've a raid incoming. Do you surrender? No. But should you have?

Currently the law states:

Whichever one you want to use, the max is 4 years in jail. If you decide to shoot officers, you increase your sentence from 4 years to 8 years (Law 9.2 Physical Assualt with an Offensive Weapon) and if you actually have good aim and end up killing an officer its 10 years.

The main factor of why people shoot the police officers in that circumstance is financial loss.

Lets say, in this circumstance you live with 2 other people and collectively have:
- 3 x M4A1 - Rifle Compensator - Magazine - M4A1 Stock - Red Dot Sight = $65,610 (0% Tax)
- 3x 2 Planter boxes growing Marijuana ≈ $45,000

In total that's $110,610 that you stand to lose. For 1 person, it'd be $36,870.

In this scenario, I'd say it's completely fine to risk your life and try/take down the police.

But what if the scenario was different and you lived on your own with:

- Walther PPK - Magazine = $3250
- 2 Planter boxes growing Marijuana ≈ $15,000

Totalling $18,320. Would it still be acceptable to kill the police? I mean, you and 1 PPK against 16 Police Officers. Surely that's 3.4? But does it also mean that I can't protect my drugs

I think that if you financially stand to lose $15,000 as an individual you can kill the police, however I'm unsure if this could still apply if my AK-47, with a red dot sight, is being confiscated for unlawful transport.

Furthermore, these situations vary to friends that have broken laws or an M82 of yours being confiscated for unlawful transport. It's quite a mix and can range to a number of scenarios.

In terms of people being arrested, I believe that if their jail time comes to 7 years or over, it would be enough for me to help them escape and kill cops. This is just something that I've gone with for a long time as it seems to be a long time to be put in jail for.

In my opinion, it currently seems to be a very debatable topic and would be great if the Senior Administration Team could provide some sort of insight and clarification into what is/isn't allowed (@Ayjay @TinySlayer).
More maths in 1 post than your A level exam

Status
Not open for further replies.