[Discussion] Remove misdemeanour tickets

Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't want to see this removed and I'll try and explain this as briefly as possible.

In perp I'm a big believer in financial loss rather than giving people jail time, I think people care more for losing money than they do for just being put in jail for a couple of minutes. I often give people tickets alongside their jail time as I feel they are less likely to commit the offense again sure, sometimes this isn't the case, but sometimes it does work and I would hate to see this removed as like I said a lot of people care more for financial loss than time lost.
That's just my opinion.
Ps. To back this up when I ask someone what would you rather jail time or a ticket majority say jail time.

Reaction score
Tickets based on your income is fucked. I've gotten a ticket in Finland for speeding, I shouldn't be punished harder for making more money, It's stupid (Can't quote the post regarding that specific suggestion)

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't want to see this removed and I'll try and explain this as briefly as possible.

In perp I'm a big believer in financial loss rather than giving people jail time, I think people care more for losing money than they do for just being put in jail for a couple of minutes. I often give people tickets alongside their jail time as I feel they are less likely to commit the offense again sure, sometimes this isn't the case, but sometimes it does work and I would hate to see this removed as like I said a lot of people care more for financial loss than time lost.
That's just my opinion.
Ps. To back this up when I ask someone what would you rather jail time or a ticket majority say jail time.
Would you rather a Christian minecraft server is nobody breaks laws? Nobody thinks "I cant afford a 10k ticket so i'm not going to raid or rob the bank" it just comes as a necessity. As a PD you shouldn't be aiming for completely no crime. Same as being a criminal you shouldnt aim for police being awful because it would be boring in both cases. This isn't real life. If a new player gets a 10k ticket they're obviously more likely to leave. If another player gets a 10k ticket, they'll probably fish or grow drugs for the next hour to cover the cost of the ticket and anything else they lost or used. Just because a powerhungry cop that didnt know what liable means chose to give him a max ticket which benefits nobody just because they never play as a minority criminal.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The entire point of the PERP gamemode is criminal RP. If you are trying to get people to stop breaking laws, PLPD becomes utterly useless.

Reaction score
I just want to add to this: If the PLPD actually succeeds to stop people from breaking laws with high tickets, the PLPD becomes useless and it could be removed.
The entire point of PERPHeads is Criminal RP and cops. Without criminals, the cops have nothing to do.

Reaction score
Since I am a big believer of removing the possibility to give high tickets, I will give my opinion on this idea as well.

The entire point of PERP is Criminal Roleplay and Police Roleplay. Currently, the PLPD gets a lot of extra benefits for catching criminals (confiscation money, bonuses for the high ranks, extremely high paycheck) whereas the criminals get nothing.
By allowing police to take away a large sum of money from a criminal in a second, they are stopping people from doing criminal roleplay. Without criminal roleplay, there is no point to have police. Criminal roleplay is one of the reasons why Bazaar or City Hall is alive, the mayor assassination roleplay is also done with criminal RP, raiding bases is also done with criminal RP. Removing criminal RP would be the end of the server being somewhat fun.

I'm not saying that when you get shot during a bank robbery you should get your gun back, because that would be terrible and people really wouldn't think twice before committing crime. It would be fun if I were to be able to rob the bank, and not risk losing a 12k gun plus a 10k ticket. Losing the 12k gun would be enough of a punishment.

Edit small addition: Every loss of money has to be compensated with some time getting that money back. If you get a 10k ticket, you must sell 67 packets of either drug to make up for that. That means you'll have to grow 2 planter boxes of weed for 15 minutes.
So, if I were to rob the bank, I would lose the following: 12k gun, magazines, ammo, 10k ticket, 10 minutes jail time, 15 minutes growing time

Reaction score
At no point did I say that we should completely eradicate all crime as that would never happen, but the police service are there to suppress/reduce it and my personal opinion is that taking away people's money and giving them a jail sentence is a much better way of achieving this than just giving them a jail sentence.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Since I am a big believer of removing the possibility to give high tickets, I will give my opinion on this idea as well.

The entire point of PERP is Criminal Roleplay and Police Roleplay. Currently, the PLPD gets a lot of extra benefits for catching criminals (confiscation money, bonuses for the high ranks, extremely high paycheck) whereas the criminals get nothing.
By allowing police to take away a large sum of money from a criminal in a second, they are stopping people from doing criminal roleplay. Without criminal roleplay, there is no point to have police. Criminal roleplay is one of the reasons why Bazaar or City Hall is alive, the mayor assassination roleplay is also done with criminal RP, raiding bases is also done with criminal RP. Removing criminal RP would be the end of the server being somewhat fun.

I'm not saying that when you get shot during a bank robbery you should get your gun back, because that would be terrible and people really wouldn't think twice before committing crime. It would be fun if I were to be able to rob the bank, and not risk losing a 12k gun plus a 10k ticket. Losing the 12k gun would be enough of a punishment.
It's obvious to see something has to be done with Criminal RP. All it took was around 6 people that usually start shootouts to not play yesterday and the server was absolutely dead.

Reaction score
You're correct, it's always the same people starting shootouts, and therefor always the same people that get ticketed afterwards. I remember when Galindo was still a thing, the entire evening from 8 PM to 22 PM would be us trying to get away from cops, which was almost impossible because cops have a lot and I mean A LOT more resources to catch criminals than criminals have to try and escape:
Chop car (despawn) it so the cops can't use that trace? > no
Buy a property on someone else's name to hide in? > no
Bribe some high ranking officer to remove your warrant? > no
Remove DNA from bodies without setting a whole building on fire? > no
Actually KOS people that witnessed your crime? > no
Change your phone number so you can still use org chat but cops can't call you? > no
Change appearance so the cops can't trace you? > no
Wear masks so you can't be spotted on CCTV? > no (even though this has been suggested many times for a long time)
Shoot camera's so dispatcher can't use them? > no
And a lot more things criminals can't do that people in real life can...

Another thing that does not make sense at all is how bank robbers get instantly warranted. This system is basically a: "rob the bank, do whatever you want, but PLPD will come and hunt you down whatever the fuck you do"