Police Suggestion Dispatch Progression

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Dispatch Progression
Suggestion Description: Implement a XP and rank progression system similar to that of other government jobs for Dispatch.

Why should this be added?:
- The option to progress and gain higher pay/responsibility will promote people to be more active in the role and feel a sense of accomplishment.
- The city will benefit from having a dispatcher on duty more often.

What negatives could this have?:
- It may cause confusion with progression in other roles within the PLPD.
- New players to the city might not understand they need to be an officer before being able to go on duty, unlike other 'Jobs' which just require speaking to an NPC.

What problem would this suggestion solve?: - At the moment dispatch is a division that has a very low on duty activity rate when compared to other government roles and divisions in the PLPD, this change would breath new life into the role.

What do you mean by the 'progression' system?

If I’m not wrong we currently have 4 dispatcher ranks: probationary dispatcher, dispatcher, senior dispatcher, and command dispatcher.

I also believe that if there is a system similar to the firefighter and EMS ranks, there wouldn't be much point in applying at PLPD online.

Also how can the dispatcher get XP? By staying in the job (time based) or by the work he did (assigning units to incidents etc)

If you're only referring to a salary increase, I do like the idea.

theres already dispatch ranks on plpd, just be active - apply for the other ones and thats how u progress

they are dispatch command... Bad idea sad boy for a few reason but just too list a couple it means we dont control the quality of dispatchers and make sure that experience does not make the PLPD into a shit storm, and when you only have dispatcher as a rank now what would you even base that off??

I don’t see why a rank within the police department should have an xp system. It would like actually ruin the point of being active and being a good dispatcher, who’s gonna control that dispatch follows protocol, policies etc?
1-

they are dispatch command... Bad idea sad boy for a few reason but just too list a couple it means we dont control the quality of dispatchers and make sure that experience does not make the PLPD into a shit storm, and when you only have dispatcher as a rank now what would you even base that off??
Haha oh shit.

@SadBoy if you wanna implement changes to your division you are better off discussing it with your major/DCODs

However, there will never be an ‘XP progression route’ for more police permissions such as warrant & seniority as this creates a lot of risk for abuse.

At the moment dispatch is a division that has a very low on duty activity rate when compared to other government roles and divisions in the PLPD, this change would breath new life into the role.
The reason why it's inactive is because half of us don't want to go on duty when there's complete chaos.

Another reason is because of the current way that the PD works and people actively not communicating with Dispatch, communicating too much or just completely disregarding that there's dispatch and responding to their own incidents.

There is, but not in the same sense as other roles. For most people they achieve Dispatcher and then that's it and there isn't really any other incentive for them to go on duty unless they really enjoy the role. Probationary dispatcher isn't a role currently as it was changed recently so that a practical is conducted as part of the application and the applicant is immediately awarded the rank of dispatcher. Outside of this, there are roles in Senior Dispatch, Dispatch Command and Head of Dispatch which are select and aren't always achievable for officers that want to progress but might not necessarily want a command position. It could still be monitored by Dispatch command and IA in terms of quality, protocols and policies. I'm just trying to think of ideas to retain interest in the role that have lasting benefits to those who want to commit the time to it.

The reason why it's inactive is because half of us don't want to go on duty when there's complete chaos.

Another reason is because of the current way that the PD works and people actively not communicating with Dispatch, communicating too much or just completely disregarding that there's dispatch and responding to their own incidents.
^^^^^
well and the fact that its not the most desirable thing too do really, command really needs too take control with this ofc this has been mentioned and we are working on things so hopefully things will get better soon but in all honesty like i said too acer collier and a1l im surprised we have not been shut down, also the fact that hybrid has stepped down and the fact that half the senior dispatchers in all honesty have only got a rank just too parade about makes it just dumb imo (coming from a senior dispatcher themselfs lmao)

Haha oh shit.

@SadBoy if you wanna implement changes to your division you are better off discussing it with your major/DCODs

However, there will never be an ‘XP progression route’ for more police permissions such as warrant & seniority as this creates a lot of risk for abuse.

Yeah I did reach out to ask if it'd be an option for implementation and was told it's unlikely but to make a suggestion and see. And yeah fair point regarding the risk of abuse, but I don't see the harm in perhaps awarding pay increases for ranks?

I'm also unsure why everyone is saying it would be difficult to control from a quality and policy point of view. It's one of the most, if not the most visibly obvious roles where any infractions are blatant and that wouldn't change because of an XP progression system. Unless for some reason implementing an XP system akin to the 'Job' roles would restrict our ability to issue any kind of Disciplinary Action.

I don’t see why a rank within the police department should have an xp system. It would like actually ruin the point of being active and being a good dispatcher, who’s gonna control that dispatch follows protocol, policies etc?
1-
I'm not sure I understand why it would be detrimental to dispatchers who are good and active. Fair enough I agree that they shouldn't have more responsibilities (such as being able to set warrants at a certain rank) but having a pay increase/different title I'd only see as a positive way of rewarding people who want to put the time and effort into the role.