Server Suggestion Anti-Dispatcher AFK Spam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Anti-Dispatcher AFK Spam
Suggestion Description: Currently, the role of dispatch generally does not allow for movement, your job is to sit down, handled calls, assign units, check CCTV, etc. The one thing that you don't really do is move about, this results in constant AFK checks. These AFK checks can get in the way of your duties, as they cut off your mic, one of the most important things for dispatch. While it's not major, it is very impractical to constantly deal with AFK checks while on duty. I am suggesting that on duty dispatchers at their designated desks should not be given the AFK check popup.

Why should this be added?:
Will allow dispatchers to perform their duties without constantly doing AFK checks.

What negatives could this have?:
The dispatch role can be abused to AFK, however, dispatchers are only meant to be in one place, so if a dispatcher is suspected to be AFK it would not be hard to manually check and be dealt with.

Reaction score
  • Staff
A further note! If your assigning units and a AFK check happens your game is frozen until your kicked off disbatch

Reaction score
I wonder if a non movement based and more chat/mouse/menu based log would be better. People might be able to circumvent it more but we have staff for a reason. Would prevent being in the car and being AFK checked when you arent.

Reaction score
  • Staff
Would be useful but more exploitable as locations of people in cars can change, this suggestion is mainly aimed at just dispatch since when it comes to dispatch constant AFK checks are not a minor hassle, but can cause serious issues, even to the point were your game is frozen

Reaction score
Would be useful but more exploitable as locations of people in cars can change, this suggestion is mainly aimed at just dispatch since when it comes to dispatch constant AFK checks are not a minor hassle, but can cause serious issues, even to the point were your game is frozen
Oh yeah I know it was just an idea. The dispatcher one is way more priority.

Reaction score
  • Staff
A further update, if you are using CCTV there is a chance you will be forced to reboot your entire game just to avoid it

Reaction score
I enjoy playing Dispatch, but the bugs and issues that have been neglected for several years now often make it irritating and more of a hassle than it's worth to play, especially considering you're getting paid next to nothing for the time.

I hope to see the Dispatch faction get some much-needed developer love as it deserves, it's been without a full overhaul for nearly 6 years now. Perhaps these changes would encourage more people to play in a severely underrated and powerful role. But as it is right now, especially given the high officer numbers combined with the buggy interface, a lot of the time I can't force myself to play it.

+ Support

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.