Police Suggestion Remove ability for officers to perform CERTAIN dispatcher actions while a dispatcher is on duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: All officers have the ability to perform dispatcher roles including creating incidents, assign units, delete incidents, etc. etc. However, the ability to change units of yourself or others and the ability to delete incidents specifically should be removed while a dispatcher is on duty. The ability for officers to create incidents should stay.

Keep in mind, this changes NOTHING when a dispatcher is not online, only when one is currently on-duty.

Why should this be added? (pros):
  • This will ensure that no one is actively overriding the current dispatcher and his choices.
  • It keeps the dispatcher job relevant.
  • Since the dispatcher is technically a Lt. officers should not be able to override the dispatchers' choices. (However, IFeel that no officers should have the ability to change units and delete incidents while a dispatcher is on duty)
What negatives could this have? (cons):
  • If a dispatcher is misbehaving, officers cannot prevent them from doing so.
  • Officers having the ability to remove incidents and change units might actually make a dispatchers job easier. However,I find it not so.
*Other additions: I'm not powerhungry for dispatcher stuff, I just think that a dispatcher should be a more dedicated role when one is currently there.

TLDR:
When no dispatcher is online:
- Officers have full dispatcher powers, same as usual

When dispatcher is online:
- Officers can create new incidents
- Officers can NOT delete incidents, assign or reassign units.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This just decreases the need for the dispatcher job to be used. So the division will literally become useless since all of their duties can be performed as a normal Officer.

Reaction score
  • Staff
I think you may be misinterpreting, the suggestion is so that when a dispatcher is online, the job is more directed towards them.

When no dispatcher is online:
- Officers have full dispatcher powers, same as usual

When dispatcher is online:
- Officers can create new incidents
- Officers can NOT delete incidents, assign or reassign units.

Reaction score
I think this would be a good idea if the dispatchers werent actually bad at being a dispatcher. Everytime I've been involved with a Dispatcher on duty I've barely gotten any information from anyone about situations going on and always been in the blind when officers get killed because they wont communicate.

Reaction score
I think this would be a good idea if the dispatchers werent actually bad at being a dispatcher. Everytime I've been involved with a Dispatcher on duty I've barely gotten any information from anyone about situations going on and always been in the blind when officers get killed because they wont communicate.
Thats not always fully the dispatchers fault. If officers dont share information, how are the dispatchers supposed to give information?

I agree with this thread, and it has my support

ModoSN

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Dispatching needs a bit of love from the development team to be fair.

An extremely annoying pet peeve when I’m dispatcher is that I can’t see incidents when I’m looking at camera.

ive been looking for a car on CCTV then come off it to look at the map and see 4 life alerts

Reaction score
Thats not always fully the dispatchers fault. If officers dont share information, how are the dispatchers supposed to give information?

I agree with this thread, and it has my support
I'll try to explain it better. Everytime I've had a dispatcher on since I came back to the server, they either dont talk, or are very quiet. I've had a few times when they did an alright job, but most times its just very quiet, barely any responses, even when you ask for dispatch. Now dont get me wrong I think having a dispatch is a great idea but if you wanna take the job I think you need to talk more and relay information more. Not to say all officers do it but I've had times where the entire police force has been wiped out when I go on duty, having no idea of any life alerts cus the Dispatch isnt telling me when I ask if any situations are going on.

I've also had it a few times where officers go off alone, dont get the time to press their panic button, dispatchers dont tell us on the radio that theres an officer down and nor do they assign us there. I might of been unlucky and gotten dispatchers who are not really good at their job or know what they are doing, but I've not had a single dispatcher the past 1-2 weeks I've been back who I honestly feel is doing a good job, its more of a hinderance to me then it is helping at some points. Now there are those who are really good at it, but the ones who are not good are a lot more then the ones who are.

Reaction score
Dispatching needs a bit of love from the development team to be fair.

An extremely annoying pet peeve when I’m dispatcher is that I can’t see incidents when I’m looking at camera.

ive been looking for a car on CCTV then come off it to look at the map and see 4 life alerts
Of course! I just responded what I thought about it 1 comment above the current one I made now, which is my reasoning behind it! Its a good idea if more dispatchers were more talkative and gave more information. Some are amazing but I'd argue the majority are more of a hinderance.

Status
Not open for further replies.