Dispatch revive/revamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion thread:https://perpheads.com/threads/dispatch-revamp-revive.18674/

Main idea: Making dispatch more in depth like the police force(but small and not that much)

Description: So I know dispatch is easy to get into, which can result in a lot of dispatchers being not a good dispatch, I would like to add a few things, firstly a training system before your on duty alone, which will have a dispatch training officer go through with you and help you become a basic dispatch, also this will add training officers for dispatch that could help lewis will all his work. Also I think we need to add ranks, but not much, my suggestion would be have 4 ranks: Dispatcher Recruit, Dispatcher, Dispatcher Supervisor, Dispatcher Command. Making some people be dispatch more to rank up and be important (have the rank maybe with stripes, also in gov chat say what type is in service example "Dispatcher Recruit Craig Quality is In service [10-8]"). Maybe having more money each rank

@Garret_Pp wrote "I honestly think the real way to fix dispatch is to pay them more."

Pros:
-A goal in dispatch
-Little code, having most of the scripts for other things which you can work around for adding.
-Making dispatch something worth while to work on.
-Help lewis so he don't have to work on all the apps.
-Revive Dispatch job

Cons:
-can be seemed as excessive

If you disagree or want to add to this, please tell me.

Edit: Removed things which were dumb and kept it to simple stuff

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is way to excessive for such a rank in the Police Department. I understand the training, that's alright. The ranks for the rank are really not needed.

Deleted member 5193

I've gotta agree that a lot of dispatchers need training. It's not uncommon for me to be asked "exkooz me korpol, what's the radio code for bla bla"

However, I'm sorry but I've gotta agree with Captain that the ranks are somewhat pointless. It's understandable in the main police force, but for dispatch it's nicer to keep it simple and clean.

I'll back you fully for training, I feel it would be excellent for dispatchers.

Reaction score
Personally, the 1st time I was dispatch, at first it looked quit difficult, but since you should've watched the tutorial video provided in the application process, you should realise that it's quite easy considering how the video shows you the basics you need to do your job to a satisfactory level. Then it's just like everything, the more you play as dispatcher the easier it becomes and the more experience you have, sure some Dispatchers are better than others, but it just takes time for them to get the hang of it. I don't see your point of corrupt/minge dispatchers, I have never seen that occur in my time of playing. Most dispatchers are also not always playing as dispatcher because they along-side have a police rank, in which they want to rank up, but they regularly still come on and play as Dispatch here and there and I don't see that being a problem, I see several dispatchers on-duty on a daily basis. In my eyes, this is way too excessive, it's fine way it is for now, unless Lewis has some plans on improving it.

Reaction score
Denied.

Due to the length of time this thread has been open, it will now be moved to the Denied section.

Status
Not open for further replies.