Police Suggestion Give Dispatcher more function / Rework Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea: Give Dispatcher more functions, which will be discussed here.

For example, Dispatcher currently is very useless and somewhat annoying to have on-duty when you are an officer. It is not an efficient system at all and because of the new 911 call update thing it is even more useless because you literally don't need a dispatch anymore. I have Dispatch myself and I haven't gone on-duty as it for months because it is just boring and stressful as fuck.

My idea was to give Dispatchers more functions or just rework Dispatch completely.
- Give Dispatch the ability to see when someone's radio is muted.
- Give Dispatch the ability to send notifications to Units if they aren't responding / have their radio muted. This would be a very annoying noise that can't be missed.
- Give Dispatch the ability to assign vehicles to Units and the ability to revoke vehicles so there are not 5 crown vics. (Cpl+)
- Give Dispatch a weapon, even if it is melee. (Snr+)
- Assign all units button
- Delete all incident button
- Give cameras the ability to pan and zoom so they are useful ( @exrobitten 's idea )
- Dispatcher can switch radio channel Unit channels so he can talk to units privately. ( @Nasul 's idea )
- Dispatcher can add warrants if there are no officers on-duty that can. ( @Nasul 's idea ) (Maybe Snr+ but maybe not because there are so many examples of not being able to raid because no warrant)
- Dispatcher can mute a person. ( @Nasul 's idea ) (Snr+)
- Probably way more, share ideas in this thread.

ALL THESE EXTRA POWERS COULD BE GIVEN ON DIFFERENT PLPD RANKS SO THEY WONT BE ABUSED

What benefits would this idea have for the department:
Dispatch is actually useful

What potential negatives could this have for the department: I literally dont see any other than minging with the weapon.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It would most certainly not be 2.5 to kill a dispatcher in most situations where you’d be shooting police. Dispatchers do not need a weapon however.

Reaction score
Would make it better as well if we could separate the radio channels like we used to be able to.

Status
Not open for further replies.