Server Suggestion EMS Defibrillator Shock Enhanced Effect

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: EMS Defibrillator Shock Enhanced Effect

Suggestion Description: A screen effect, possible including increased damage or incapacity, to people on top/in contact with the body of a downed player. For instance, the screen effect could be similar to when a player is severely hungry and flashes on shock. For physical effect, the player could be damaged equally to the EMS's ability to revive (defibrillator capacity).

Why should this be added?:
  1. To enhance roleplay for players, in particular, EMS.
  2. As a player who enjoys EMS roleplay, it is common, unfortunately, for others to get on top of/block the revival of bodies and as such when someone is being received by the defibrillator by EMS a consequence for those who ignore the situation is expected. Similar at the moment, players can be shocked if close, but this should be increased to a more noticeable effect.

What negatives could this have?:
  1. EMS could abuse this tool as the effect can be more irritating and/or harmful to players.
  2. This could result in more medical incidents.

Last edited:
We already have this feature where the defibrillator can be used on people and we don't really need anything 'enhanced' to make it more damaging or apparent. It damages them very slightly (about 5 or 10 HP) and you notice this happening increasingly often when when multiple Paramedics gang up on a body while reviving the person on the ground.

There is no visual indicator, only sound is played and slight knockback is applied.
To enhance roleplay for players, in particular, EMS.
I don't see the point of how this enhances roleplay, it's already apparent when you're being shocked.

I'm a fan of using the good old fire axe as Firefighter but I admit, it's getting too mingy and I think adding the capabilities to damage other players with these weapons was a bit too far.

Back