Fire Alarms in buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic:
Fire alarms in buildings!

Short explanation (in notes):
- Pre-installed in government buildings (FD, PD, Hospital, ect)
- In civilian houses they must be installed manually
- Fire alarm (Bought in the electronics store)
- Automated message when Fire alarm goes off. To the FD

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
This will improve gameplay, let FF do more than sit on their fat ass and save alot of people's lives

Optional additions:
- Fire alarm item
- Alarm in FD garage
- Automated message to the FF and Paramedics
- Detect's fire within 5-10m (Might need to be pre-installed and customized to fit the bazzar shops as it may go off in the wrong shop, firefighters breaking down the wrong door and catching you growing drugs)

Something like this!

06151a.jpg

[Issues i think will appear]: Even though you have a fire alarm in a house, lets say for example suburbs house 3. It might not detect the fire all the way trough the house

[Possible solution]: Probably just let the fire spread until it reaches the fire alarm, more money for the FF but less lives saved :/

Last edited:

Deleted member 1235

+Support, if there can be burglar alarms alerting the police then why not fire alarms? However the issue would be how would the alarm detect the fire? (I'm crap with coding and could barely do hello world in lazerus). If it's possible then yes I'd love it!

Ayjay

Reaction score
As the above post said, this has been accepted before; however I doubt it will be worked on in quite a long while if at all.
This idea is really good, it would improve roleplay of fires and make them more releavent to gameplay and give the firefighter something extra to respond to which they may not of been involved in before as the fire may be left, etc.

I don't really know how this would work to be honest, if the alarm could detect the fire within the house / property which was owned that would be pretty amazing. The system could be used like the burgular alarm, bought from a store and placed within a property prior to a fire happening. The idea would not work if the alarm was automatically placed within the property due to meth and things like that which would draw the attention of the police to your 'base' etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.