Floods/Storms! (New Fire Fighter SWEP Possibly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Floods and heavy storms.

Short explanation (in notes):
- Floods the map
- Detailed weather, more realistic
- Makes RP More realistic and makes it more interesting for Fire fighters and police.
- This would be very rare though as if it happened a lot players would get annoyed.
Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
I think Floods should be added because it would increase the 'Government' roleplay for Fire fighters and police because they could help control the city crisis and it would make the fire fighters job more intresting because they could get this new item to suck all the water out a certain area like in real life. There would be a time for the water to disappear like displayed on 'drugs' except on your screen all the time for Fire fighters. It would also mean that firefighters could help more citizens because they wont be able to get out there cars or it would be stuck. When I mean 'flood' I don't mean like a tidal wave I mean like a small street flood (Pictures displayed below). Anyway hope you enjoyed.

Optional additions:
- New Item for the firefighter (The sucker)
-
-
images
upload_2014-12-9_18-16-18.jpeg

If this has been already suggested I give admin permission to either delete this or put it on denied. Thank you.

Reaction score
-/+ Neutral.. I wouldn't see how the developers would put this in the game.. And how would the lost drugs be recovered.. And all the destroyed cars. How would that be payed?

Reaction score
Neutral while I like new situations and RP possibilities I dont see what would be the full effect if this happened in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Reaction score
In my opinion this is not needed at any circumstances. I know it brings more realism but developers wouldn't want to make that, as it's excessive. Another problem would be the lag around, imagine water all around the map, that would be disastrous. So yeah in my opinion this is something that could be added if things get better on Garry's Mod (if you know what I mean).

If it brings realism, well that would need to happen 1 in 10000 times. As you don't see cities getting flooded every time, but I still think this is not needed.

- Support

Reaction score
Wait what? You want something that will annoy everyone on the server and ruin all RP? I mean, it doesn't make sense to me to just add something that randomly makes it so that nobody can get around in the city. And why would you want to make it so that people can randomly get stuck in their cars when the city floods? Also, where would all this water come from? And what part of the city would get flooded? I mean, the most populated areas of the map are on pretty high ground, so logically they wouldn't be affected by a flood.

Deleted member 1235

Not everyone has top notch PC's or internet. If there were to be a full 60/60 server with floods aswell having to render that extra water, I'd probably lag. Nice idea but it won't really work, is most likely very hard to implement and doesn't give much RP to anyone other than the Emergency Services.

Reaction score
Nice, I really like the suggestion. However...

It would be very hard to add for sure, and make some users very laggy even on low details like me. But I'll +Support it (Joke, all mods and former mods are prolly gonna +support it cause they have a raptor :D allowing to plow through it all.)

Reaction score
Done a bit of research with gmod physics and this is not possible unless you want the staff to make another map where you can raise the water. This cannot be done on the current map and I think the staff will agree on this. Sorry but unless gmod physics gets a massive update where the water can be raised without making a new map this is a lost cause and not possible.

If you think you have any ideas that will work think about the engine and if its possible without editing the map. Can the staff please close and move to the correct section this is just not possible.

Reaction score
I will tell you something. Me as a firefighter know that flooding emergencys are the most boring things in history. You drive to the adress. Put down a pump and attach it to a few hoses and wait. You wait for a few hours with nothing to do then watch it pumping out the water. Here are some pictures from my fire brigade about the flooding from last year in Salzburg. if you can't read german just check the pics http://www.feuerwehr-bruderhof.at/index.php/hochwasser-in-der-stadt-salzburg-gesamtbericht/ . So yeah pretty much a - Support.

Status
Not open for further replies.