Forcing cops to cuff themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion: https://perpheads.com/threads/forcing-cops-to-cuff-themselves.40043/

Main idea:
Add a feature to cuffs that lets cops and SS agents cuff themselves in the event of them being taken hostage.

Description:
Make it so when you press R With cuffs out, or hold R and right click, you get a pop up asking "Are you sure you want to restrain yourself? (Only click yes if you are being forced to do so) and upon clicking "Yes" you handcuff yourself.

This will be ideal when gun pointing cops, as if you're doing it alone, switching from a gun to zip ties is risky as you break the gunpoint.

An example of this being useful is:
- If a cop walks onto the scene of a crime unknowingly, and you don't want to kill them to trigger a life alert
- If you gunpoint a cop out of a car to release a captured mate
- Jailbreaking without causing any gunshots and life alerts / panics

The only way to get out of cuffs would be to have a civ crowbar or bobby pin you out, or get another cop or SS Agent to uncuff you.
Pros:
- More role play, giving us other ways of dealing with cops rather than RR 5 mins-ing them.
- A cop restraining themselves with handcuffs whilst being taken hostage will make it so you don't have to watch the cop you've taken hostage, as they aren't getting out of those anytime soon.
- Wouldn't be too hard to implement.

Cons:
- The first week of this being a thing, everyone's gonna "Try it out" and cuff themselves.
- This being implemented could make it so the developers give all officers the ability to uncuff a restrained government official (but maybe it could be made an exception that all officers can uncuff another cop if they restrained themselves, if so, then this is a void con)​

Reaction score
There's so many issues that come with this.
- This being abused for the sake of fun by officers or people randomly gunpointing officers to do it
- If an officer is alone on duty, he's disabled from doing anything until one officer joins
- You could lock an officer inside a woodcabin and he wouldn't be able to get out or ever call for help
- The use of zip ties would be even less common
- Accidentally doing this

Why not just use zipties? Tell the officer to put his hands up and zip tie him. Why not just make it so if someone is surrendering they can be ziptied without having to consent?

This seems overly complicated, not to implement, but to moderate.

Big nono from me

Tomo

Communication Banned
Reaction score
if this will get thru ill create a slave army
also makin zipties is gay and takes time
another plus is that i can disable the whole police force from resigning and actually responding so i can raid bank 10 Times over

+support

Last edited:
Reaction score
  • Staff
“- This being abused for the sake of fun by officers or people randomly gunpointing officers to do it”
3.4 and 2.5 still apply?

“- If an officer is alone on duty, he's disabled from doing anything until one officer joins”
His fault for being a fucking idiot then. That’s like saying “What if a PLPD officer is playing with his gun and accidentally shoots himself?”

“- You could lock an officer inside a woodcabin and he wouldn't be able to get out or ever call for help”

lmfao you’re saying it like this isn’t a good thing.

“- The use of zip ties would be even less common”

ah yes, an item that is never used for anything except muggings being used on people you can’t mug.

“Accidentally doing this”

natural selection

Reaction score
  • Staff
Also worth noting if you can read, you’ll see you have a confirmation message. If you still do this accidentally after given a confirmation message then you deserve it.

Reaction score
"3.4 and 2.5 still apply?"
I am not saying they won't be enforced. I am saying it'll be abused.

"His fault for being a fucking idiot then. That’s like saying “What if a PLPD officer is playing with his gun and accidentally shoots himself?”"
Officers can't shoot themselves. That's there. Also how is it his fault if he gets cuffed by someone and is then left to roam the city until he finds help

"lmfao you’re saying it like this isn’t a good thing."
He doesn't have access to a radio, since that'll be taken away. He can't shout since no one is near. His only option is to dc or call a staff member. Isn't that just perfect RP.

"ah yes, an item that is never used for anything except muggings being used on people you can’t mug. "
Yes, use it on police officers instead. I never use it, because when I take an officer hostage, you /me all his weapons away and he's as worthless as it can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.