Handcuffing timer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Too law enforcement officers abuse the fact that at a click of a button they can have you in handcuffs and instantly restrain you, preventing any possibility of retaliation and normally ending in a report for ninja cuffing. I believe by having a select timer of probably around seven seconds, this would one prevent any complains of 'ninja' cuffing and two it would make the role playing aspect of the police force a lot more better.

How I see it working in my head:
- An officer would stop someone, asking them to turn around so they can be cuffed. (the suspect shouldn't need to turn around to be cuffed)
- A small window of seven seconds come up for the officer, and possibly the suspects screen, to show that they're being cuffed and shouldn't move.

With these two simple steps I believe that the cuffs would leave a more realistic and in role play scenarios a lot more arguable. Now I also do see the problems that may occur with this way of cuffing, such as suspects moving whilst being cuffed and or pulling out a weapon, killing the law enforcement officer, or officers abusing this tool as a way of 'freezing' suspects, but I think by making the system similar to that of using bobby pins on restrained suspects would work out.

Reaction score
Closed

Please go ahead and read the posting guidelines of the ideas and suggestions sub-forum and aswell please think through your idea a bit more than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.