Server Suggestion Handcuff "Tackle" Feature for cops.

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Handcuff "Tackle" Feature for cops.
Suggestion Description: Currently, the only ways to stop a fleeing suspect is to hit them with a baton or taser them, 2 massive escalations of force that also appear to be violent. Realistically, Police officers tackle people fleeing from them to restrain them.

The general idea here is to add a function to handcuffs that lets you "Lunge" forward when you press R whilst sprinting. For balance reasons it should work as such:
- Should fail on people holding a weapon, like handcuffs do. This will prevent cops running into shootouts and rugby tackling gun men.
- If they lunge forward and time the click to cuff right, The suspect gets cuffed and rag dolled.
- If the police officer misses, The officer gets rag dolled for 3 seconds.

The lunge should have a range of about 3 feet.

Why should this be added?:
- Better method than causing bleeding with a baton.
- More realistic.
- A less reliable but readily available alternative to the taser.

What negatives could this have?:
- Possibility that it could be cheesed and used in some creative way to jump through windows or through kill barriers maybe?
- Coding time.

Reaction score
This would make the taser even more useless than it already is.

Whilst I like the idea, the potential for abuse is too high. As well as the chances to completely change how we play.

Reaction score
I cant imagine how goofy this would make police interactions when evading, and I would really have to stick with a baton and taser.

If it’s not broken dont fix it imo

Reaction score
  • Staff
I cant imagine how goofy this would make police interactions when evading, and I would really have to stick with a baton and taser.

If it’s not broken dont fix it imo
If the server didn’t prove that tasers should be a privilege and if the baton wasn’t turned into a real weapon that can cause bleeding and even finish people off this idea wouldn’t have even come to mind.

Reaction score
If the server didn’t prove that tasers should be a privilege and if the baton wasn’t turned into a real weapon that can cause bleeding and even finish people off this idea wouldn’t have even come to mind.
+1. I've seen too many just up and kill people with the Baton, and you cant aim worth shit with the Taser if they're running.
Idea of ragdolling if you miss makes it worth it - though I imagine a scenario where "respawning" on top of another player will get both of you stuck. Should make it where both are ragdolled, even if you get the tackle.