Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
suggestion_logo.png

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Detailed description
:

I would like to present my idea.
My idea is easy to make and can also spice up the forum.
Let me show what I mean.

Blue Color - Means the place in which it could be a transparent background.
Forum_Background.png

I'm sorry about Paint Work, It looks really bad , but I hope that you know what I mean.

Few Backgrounds for example:

Short explanation:
I think that this is not such a bad idea,This idea can increase users Creativity.
This can beautify the forum . This is not necessary and does not help .
This is the just option to edit profile Background .
There is nothing more to write , I hope you know what I mean .

Optional additions:

Reaction score
To be honest, i like it how it is, as I've seen alot of forums which got a transparent background or footage from the server. To be honest it just gets messy and causes confusion for new players. Back when i played CityRP i found their forum really bad made.

I will -Support this cause of the notes i have stated.

Hax

Reaction score
- Support, IMO those background pictures doesn't look professional at all. Also there is already a blue skin.

blahlbamd.jpg

Reaction score
-Support.

I do not find this too nessceary personally, as I am part of another community (GTA SA) and it has some designed images of characters, and I truly hate that. I am part of three communities, and Perpheads obviously has the best background; Simple and calm instead of detailed and aggressive!

Reaction score
I feel a misunderstanding.
I never said that I want to change Background of the forum.
I mean about Profile Background.
  • Adding options in the "Edit Profile" the "Change Profile Background"

• This will not change the appearance of the whole forum just the background on your profile.
I hope that you understand now.
I'm sorry about this mistake, Just I explained it wrong.
If you still don't know what I mean, just tell me.

Reaction score
It would indeed be nice to see something like an old youtube background style on the profile page but not on the whole forums. If Tanges can add this then it would be really nice indeed :)

Ayjay

Reaction score
This is probably my area of expertise.

Upon choosing this theme, we decided that simplicity was the best route to go down and to be honest it worked a treat. The old forums had a horrible blue plain background and it really was nothing to be admired, I do understand what you're saying and sometimes the theme gets a bit boring and repetetive but if you do feel like that switch it up a little and use this theme for a while.

The forums have come a long way and I think all suggestions now are really not needed since it's totally in a perfect place and changes are really not needed for a long while. Xenforo was a great step for us and I feel that if the simplicity of it is changed too much with things such as the background it could ruin the feeling for the theme.

We have a lot of features on the forums which we have added such as the commenting system, the ever-changing logo scheme, custom navigation bar tabs, steam statistics, rating systems, shoutboxes, etc.

Current logo's we have:

Christmas:
81563a4bae.png

Default:
9937f2a438.png

Halloween:
d30912b843.png

There is ways you can change the background browser-side but I don't feel it would benefit the website in any other way. Therefore I'm going to go ahead and -support this.

Status
Not open for further replies.