[FORUM] favicon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Give the forum/website a favicon.

Short explanation (in notes):

"favicon /ˈfæv.ɪˌkɒn/ (short for favorite icon), also known as a shortcut icon, website icon, tab icon, URL icon or bookmark icon, is a file named favicon.ico and containing one or more small icons,[1] most commonly 16×16 pixels, associated with a particular website or web page.[1][2] A web designer can create such an icon and upload it to a website (or web page) by several means, and graphical web browsers will then make use of it.[3] Browsers that provide favicon support typically display a page's favicon in the browser's address bar (sometimes in the history as well) and next to the page's name in a list of bookmarks.[3] Browsers that support a tabbed document interface typically show a page's favicon next to the page's title on the tab, and site-specific browsers use the favicon as a desktop icon.[1]"
b4fcdefb1b.png

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):

Now for some this probably isn't needed. But some for some it maybe does.
Myself personnaly have about 6 tabs open, but i cannot go a single day when programming/doing research or just miss a few day's on the forums and find myself with 30 tabs. Now some tabs are so siminar to perpheads or vice versa, and i find myself going trough every tab to find the right one

Besides this, it just looks good, and doesn't make my bookmarks look ugly.

It's a small cosmetic thing, but litteraly the only thing that needs to be done is to
upload this icon to the root of this website and name it favicon.ico. Done.

Example's
15ff852b61.png

773ee53b55.png

Reaction score
What are you on about?
The website already has an icon
25ca1f3c26.png

If anything, it's on your part.
Really not necessary either way, it won't change anything at all and it definitely won't make the forums more useful.
More convenient? No, it's easier to distinguish perp websites if there isn't an icon as 90% of the websites you use daily have one.

Reaction score
What are you on about?
The website already has an icon
25ca1f3c26.png

Really not necessary either way, it won't change anything at all and it definitely won't make the forums more useful.
More convenient? No, it's easier to distinguish perp websites if there isn't an icon as 90% of the websites you use daily have one.
That the Vbullitin favicon, this isn't vbullitin.

Myself personnaly have about 6 tabs open, but i cannot go a single day when programming/doing research or just miss a few day's on the forums and find myself with 30 tabs. Now some tabs are so siminar to perpheads or vice versa, and i find myself going trough every tab to find the right one

Besides this, it just looks good, and doesn't make my bookmarks look ugly.

My website has a favicon, a browser searches for a favicon by going to http://domainanme/favicon.ico

Here, look:
f5d28d14eb.png

Searching for one by perpheads.com:

53d4b9e0a3.png

Also, @Exnem

cf8eedfe77.png

[DOUBLEPOST=1474479770,1459111570][/DOUBLEPOST]this now exists!

14198a5dc0.png

Status
Not open for further replies.