Shoutbox/forum helper rank

Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/shoutbox-helper-rank.31693/

Main Idea: Make a rank on the forums that allows for monitoring and moderation of the shoutbox, and maybe more forum moderation?(Optional)

Full description of the idea:

Somewhat like the helper rank that used to be back in the day, but instead of having any ingame powers, you only have powers in the shoutbox. Basically lay a bit of work off the staff.

Since the forum update there's been a lot more ways to spam and cause problems in the shoutbox. While this may be fixed, I do still believe that it's a good idea to have more people being able to moderate the shoutbox.

A requirement for this rank would be at least 1-2 years of forum membership, and daily activity. Any abuse will result in permanent exclusion from shoutbox.

Adding this wouldn't be very difficult as it doesn't need any ingame changed. Only a new forum rank. Also, helper rank icons already exist from back when it was a thing.

Why should it be added?: As mentioned it allows for staff to concentrate on other things than the shoutbox. If you have shoutbox mods there will always be someone watching the shoutbox(Usually). It will allow for some faster moderation. It also allows people who don't play much on the server, to take part in the staff team. Maybe it will also be a good way for people to prove worthy of a higher rank?

Pros:

• More moderators.
    • Bigger chance of someone being on at all times.
    • Faster removal of anime bad things.Anime
  • Faster moderation.
  • Chance for people to get more involved within the community and help out.

Cons:

• Possibility of abuse.
  • SJW moderators who remove everything.

*Other additions:

• Chance of promotion to forum moderator, which allows for full forum moderation(To some extent.) If this became a thing, and more ranks were added, I'd say make a new staff branch, so you'd have some sort of "head of forum staff" and stuff. Only optional of course.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Give me my damn helper rank back.
Bolli and Fredy had NO rights to take my rank away.