Question about cracks in wooden fences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
A thread where I'm just wondering about something, does not fall under rule discussion and just general server discussion. I still don't know if these kind of investigations are allowed by the Police. I'm talking about looking through the cracks of Wooden Fences and using photos like these as evidence to raid or to find raids.
ACnmI3n.png

Not throwing shade at the person who uploaded this I'm just using this as an example, this has been done before in the past but never got to know if such thing is even allowed. Official staff word on this matter would be nice as I always doubted myself if I should use this kind of thing too back in the day.

The prop itself is from Half-Life 2, not very complete and made to look weary from the setting/atmosphere it comes from but I still treat it as a solid wall that you can't just look through. People have boarded up this little crack with wooden boards/planks before to stop this kind of "pixel peek" thing some players have been using to gather evidence for a raid or for other purposes.

Please don't be too philosophical in the replies, polls are no longer a thing so I can't really post one to see what people think.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
If you can reasonably identify it as a drug then yes you can raid over something spotted in a "Gap" in someones fences. This applies if you can identify properly a cannabis / coke plant as opposed to just specs of green. Something like this would warrant further investigation but probably not a full blown drugs raid. (Although people escalate investigations into raids because they shoot cops on first notice of narcotics being "Spotted).

Reaction score
No, that could be a living room plant for all you know. That isn't good enough evidence for drugs in my opinion.

I always say if you can see the planter box with the leaves sticking out, you are good to go. But this is just being raid hungry if you raid over this.
Surely if you say "You can't raid them based on the leaves because it could be a house plant", then surely that point is valid for the entire planter, as planter boxes arent illegal, the only way to tell what plant is in them is based on the leaves...

Reaction score
I can give you an answer from @Bolli since I asked him this a while ago;

You can't raid someone for it, but you can ask them about it.

If you can see like 50% of the put and the leafs and the pot you can raid them for it (that's according to ShadowJoey since we raided @filip due to this)

Status
Not open for further replies.