Forum Suggestion - Debate Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayjay

Reaction score
I personally think we should have a debate section, this may seem slightly un-necessary but I feel that a lot of issues and things both in-game and in real life can be debated in this section. The forum rules would obviously apply within this section however it would only be allowed to be used for debates.

Example:

iOS vs Android?

Both of these you've probably heard of, Android and iOS - These are both operation systems for phones which you guys probably use, however Android is open to use where as iOS is only avaliable for iPhones and the use of Apple.

I personally think that Android is better because:

• Easy to change things you dislike.
  • Anything is possible, you can do what you want.
  • You have no restrictions, and can root if you want to do more.
  • Etc...

I don't really like iOS, and I feel it's worse because

• It's restricted, you don't have the same freedom as Android.
  • It's an ugly UI, and theres nothing I can do about that.
  • It's too simple for my liking.
  • Etc...

This would solve feuds, and to be honest it will be a pretty amusing part of the forums. Obvious forum general rules apply, and threads must be serious; not insulting.

What do you think?

Reaction score
The problem I would see within this forum would be polictics being discussed all the time and that's nothing we like because yeah, we know how it goes down in the banterbox, yes I know that you said it should be applied, maybe you should make some custom rules for this if possible?

MattIs

Always love a good debate, and it's not just politics we could debate, we could debate real world issues and technology ect... +Support

Ayjay

Reaction score
The problem I would see within this forum would be polictics being discussed all the time and that's nothing we like because yeah, we know how it goes down in the banterbox, yes I know that you said it should be applied, maybe you should make some custom rules for this if possible?

Daymon, if theres nothing you like been discussed you can easily make yourself a thread and create a debate that other people can comment on. I mean, politics are pretty interesting but people also argue / debate about computer games and other related things which if catches your eye you could possibly comment on.

As for the custom rules, I was thinking maybe for a template for creating debates.

Reaction score
Great idea, i would be boasting my idea's 24/7. +Support

AyGay :)

Reaction score
I think this is an excellent idea, and I personally believe it should be a "banter free" area, in which we all put our serious faces on.
serious%2520cat.jpg

Reaction score
This would be absolutely terrible and just cause pointless arguments/flame wars constantly.

Deleted member 1235

Well me and Trande and others have managed to have debates in the shout-box about politics, immigration, unemployment etc and it's always been sensible and fun. Even though he's wrong we have completely different views, they're always respected.

ThomasGeorge

I would like to host a maths debate ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

In all seriousness +support from me. It would be an interesting feature.

Reaction score
I feel as if the debate section would cause issues if no boundries or rules are added. Specific rules which I would like to be in effect at all time:
  • No racist comments/remarks.
  • No homophobic comments/remarks.
  • No sexist comments/remarks.
  • Allow people to have their opinions in the end (do not debate until you die).
  • No hatred on one another based on eachothers opinion on certain topics.
Most other rules found here but these are rules that I would like to specifically be enforced.

Ayjay

Reaction score
I feel as if the debate section would cause issues if no boundries or rules are added. Specific rules which I would like to be in effect at all time:
Most other rules found here but these are rules that I would like to specifically be enforced.

I don't really agree with this, specific rules such as homophobia don't really need to be added due to them being enforced 24/7 on the forums already following the basic conduct rules. Disrespect on the forums asa whole is not allowed and is pretty much obvious to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.