[Debate] Android Vs. iOS

Ayjay

Reaction score
It's the question which shakes the ground, most mobile users are either a Google Android fan or an Apple iOS fan. But what are you?

To me, it's got to be Android; in my honest opinion I feel that Apple are just releasing easy-to-use fashion accesories which barely change within each release where as Android is an in-depth free to use open source operating system which can do.. whatever you want it to.

I've had my LG G3 since a month after it's release last year, and it's been the best phone I have had. The reason for this, mostly due to the android peformance and the absolute amazing techology which allows the software and hardware to coencide and create an amazing peice of technolgical equipment for every day use.

Android isn't just locked for phones though you can use it on your tablets and smartwatches etc, and you're under no restriction from Google and that is what I love about Android as an operating system.

Yeah on iOS you can change your wallpaer and font.. I guess - But on Android you can change your icons, your root font, you get access to developer options to change every aspect of the phone. You are restricted with iOS and that is something you do not get from Android.

What do you think? Post below, remember to 'reply' the psots which you disagree with however if your response is short use the 'comment' function.

Reaction score
Andriod is a more professional kinda phone and iPhone to me is a play phone for women and kids.

Reaction score
Let me put it like this:
Android Development: Java - Easy as Fuck - You can do it on every platform - 25 dollars dev license.
Apple Development: Objective C - Old as Fuck - Must own a Apple Machine with Mac OS - 100 dollars dev license.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Been using a Samsung Note 3 Neo for 8 month's now, probably the best Android phone I have ever used and owned.The S-Pen is a neat tool to draw and aswell write, never been a fan of iPhone's as for the simple reason as they are overpriced as shit and I just do not like their newer releases of phone's.Might get a Note 4 in the future, who know's...

Reaction score
I myself own an Iphone 6, but I would say I prefer Android generally, I used to own the Note 3 but it smashed so I tried out the Iphone. Generally I only use my phone for such features as calls, messages and web nothing else. And from what I can say I would prefer an Adroid device for things like Gmail and other google based apps. Then an Ios device for apps like twatter and facebook.

Deleted member 1235

Well my tablet is a Hudl which is an Android and I'm looking to get a new phone in the coming months as I'm still stuck on the Blackberry 9320 hype (BBM was Cool back then :() and I'm not sure what go with so this thread will be useful!

Reaction score
Good Phone Running Latest Android System That Runs Faster Than IOS: £100-£300

Shitty IPhone 4 With A Few Added Features (AKA Iphone 6): £500-£1000

Nuf said.

Reaction score
iOS is cool, but ain't nobody gonna pay 300 euros extra for iOS.
If you buy Apple, you are being ripped off. Simply as that.

iPhone is 699 euros for some outdated hardware shit.
I own a LG G2, 349 euros less and the hardware is still better.

You also get no restrictions at Android since you can pretty much customize it in every way.

I do like iOS for the great skin and the amazing app-compatibility.

If someone is about to buy an iPhone, I always tell them how big of a mistake they are making.

People, 699 euros for a Dual Core, 1GB ram, 720p screen phone... Think about the money you are wasting. You can even get a better PC for that.

To all the Apple Lovers reading this: You shouldn't love Apple, since it has costed you ALLOT of money you could have used to buy something else.

Ayjay

Reaction score
The thing is, with Android you can pick a phone for exactly your needs. If you want a cheap phone, you don't go for an iPhone which could cost you upto £700.. you get an android which usually starts at about £10-20; it's logic.

You get the most out of your phone with an Android, and with iOS I feel you're locked to what they want.. not you.

Andriod is a more professional kinda phone and iPhone to me is a play phone for women and kids.

I get what you're saying about the women and kids thing, it's a really simple interface and GUI; however Android offers such a professional experience with Google-made applications such as calender and mail intergrated into the phone itself which is something that iOS offers however it isn't half as nice with it.

Reaction score
Apple charges more for the same hardware, and the size but I believe the price has gone up because of their ghetto ass touch ID

Reaction score
iPhones are for higher class and um.. pretty people. Like me.

I own an iPhone 5. I'm an elite boss.. I'm sexy as fuck too..

Whereas someone like @Ethan owns an Android. Ugly as fuck and is an elite scrub.

End of debate?

Hax

Reaction score
Not a Applefag - dislike most of their products, specifically iPods are overpriced as hell. Yet I love the iPhones using them for 5-6 years now, never had a problem except a battery replacement on the iPhone 5 (for free). All of the iPhones I had were jailbroken so I have/had no problem to add new features/gestures/apps/etc. Never had any software issues as well.

However, Apple lacks of innovation. This has been perfectly demonstrated on the iPhone 6, there is barely anything new that would
justify a upgrade except you got a iPhone 4. Yes, the design is awful too.

Also most of my friends that use a android/windows phone are raging a lot about soft or hardware issues, another reason why I stick to Apple/iOS

MattIs

I've been with android all the way since Cupcake and will remain that way. I don't understand the heated debate though? iPhones are more of a fashion icon whereas android phones are more practical with more uses. All this debate about which you would chose angers me as at the end of the day we can both say that having a Linux Back-end phone is stupid yet the iPhone is overpriced and non functional.

Windows Phone FTW - Hope you got that joke

Reaction score
Apple iPhones are quick out of the box and straight up easy to use, the App Store is much wider than Android. BUT Android is a hell of a lot better if you're willing to put the time into configuring it, heck you can play Pokemon on them! But really, I just like my iPhone because it's got an easy interface and that's all I really want in a phone.

Ayjay

Reaction score
Apple iPhones are quick out of the box and straight up easy to use, the App Store is much wider than Android. BUT Android is a hell of a lot better if you're willing to put the time into configuring it, heck you can play Pokemon on them! But really, I just like my iPhone because it's got an easy interface and that's all I really want in a phone.

Google's app store has had more apps within it's marketplace since early 2014; as an application developer you can upload your application easier and also gain more profit from doing so. Android can be extremley easy to use, out of the box it is completley simple and only needs minor tweaking and if you don't like a feature about it then go ahead and download a feature to either change or remove that factor of the phone (Something which you can't do with iOS).

I get what you're saying though, you're used to a simple phone and that is completley fine; but with enough tweaking your Android will not only be simple but it will be exactly what you want it to be.

activeapps2.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
I find IOS confusing as hell. Android completely. iPhone is also overpriced. Everything apple sells is.

Reaction score
fuck the phones, i don't need them :cool:
I'm serius i stopped used my mobile about 2 or 3 years ago, but if i had to decide between Android and Apple i would choose Android just because they are cheaper (phones are meant to call, for everything else you can use a computer)