fucking ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
so basically everytime i load up gmod i will just get this one advert constantly playing at a random time -
. i really just want to kms. pls help i delted all my addons restarted my game redownloaded my game. verified my game files

Reaction score
If this is garrys mod related, a fresh reinstall will likely fix this issue immediately, but if you are anything like me you’d want answers on why this shit is happening, And that’s a good way forward for stuff like this.

To immediately fix the issue:
- Disable all addons.
- Restart garrys mod
- Only activate content for servers you plan on playing on.
- Restart garrys mod every time you change server.

To get to the route of the issue:
- When playing, make sure you only have 1 addon that is irrelevant to the server you are on running.
- If the adverts persist, it’s either going to be content from the server you are on, or the addon you are playing.

Are you 100% sure this is garrys mod related? Check task manager for any suspicious background processes.

Another pretty probable cause for this could be if you are running a pirated version of garrys mod. Quite often the pirates will piggyback adware into your pirated file which if this is the case you should uninstall gmod immediately and probably wipe your hard drive as adware that’s thrown into pirated software is done so because it’s backdoored to shit.

I know cloud gaming is pretty shit and I wouldn’t think twice about it if they started putting this shit into their content but I don’t reckon they’d just do this unannounced. @flugs will know more than me on this server though.
done all of this and hoping it works.

been an OG of cloud gaming since like 2017/2018 lol, i know flugs and flugs knows me lol. I really doubt cloud gaming would do something like this as that would mean losing the entirety of their player-base. another reason i doubt this is cloud gaming is because no one else from cg is having the same issues as me and ive had these addons for years

Reaction score
done all of this and hoping it works.

been an OG of cloud gaming since like 2017/2018 lol, i know flugs and flugs knows me lol. I really doubt cloud gaming would do something like this as that would mean losing the entirety of their player-base. another reason i doubt this is cloud gaming is because no one else from cg is having the same issues as me and ive had these addons for years
I mean I’ve played two servers with a fresh install of Gmod from my new computer, CloudGaming and PERP. I’m not accusing them of anything but if they don’t code everything themself they could have accidentally got a weird addon.

Reaction score
I mean I’ve played two servers with a fresh install of Gmod from my new computer, CloudGaming and PERP. I’m not accusing them of anything but if they don’t code everything themself they could have accidentally got a weird addon.
roast literally codes his own addons? if you are talking about infamous and cg being similiar jts ebcause infamous bought roasts 2019 addons cus it was just some rich bozo who used to play cg

Status
Not open for further replies.