fucking ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
so basically everytime i load up gmod i will just get this one advert constantly playing at a random time -
. i really just want to kms. pls help i delted all my addons restarted my game redownloaded my game. verified my game files

Reaction score
Im sorry but this is actually fucking hilarious.

Can you show us your addons folder? I’m going to assume you uninstalled or maybe even just disabled them through the game. Sometimes they can still linger around in your game directory.

Reaction score
Im sorry but this is actually fucking hilarious.

Can you show us your addons folder? I’m going to assume you uninstalled or maybe even just disabled them through the game. Sometimes they can still linger around in your game directory.
1647544872651.png

Reaction score
It’s fucking NutScript, I had this too.

Go to your addons ingame and unsubscribe from NutScript.

Reaction score
i doubt it. its made by a server owner i know closely lol - already disabled too. its only perpheads and m9k that exists
It’s not our content, 100%. I had the same issue and removed CloudGaming content and NutScript, just assumed it was NutScript as I didn’t think it would be CloudGaming.

Reaction score
If this is garrys mod related, a fresh reinstall will likely fix this issue immediately, but if you are anything like me you’d want answers on why this shit is happening, And that’s a good way forward for stuff like this.

To immediately fix the issue:
- Disable all addons.
- Restart garrys mod
- Only activate content for servers you plan on playing on.
- Restart garrys mod every time you change server.

To get to the route of the issue:
- When playing, make sure you only have 1 addon that is irrelevant to the server you are on running.
- If the adverts persist, it’s either going to be content from the server you are on, or the addon you are playing.

Are you 100% sure this is garrys mod related? Check task manager for any suspicious background processes.

Another pretty probable cause for this could be if you are running a pirated version of garrys mod. Quite often the pirates will piggyback adware into your pirated file which if this is the case you should uninstall gmod immediately and probably wipe your hard drive as adware that’s thrown into pirated software is done so because it’s backdoored to shit.

It’s not our content, 100%. I had the same issue and removed CloudGaming content and NutScript, just assumed it was NutScript as I didn’t think it would be CloudGaming.

I know cloud gaming is pretty shit and I wouldn’t think twice about it if they started putting this shit into their content but I don’t reckon they’d just do this unannounced. @flugs will know more than me on this server though.

Reaction score
Also, another issue could be content or scripts not acquired from the workshop, such as:
- Source game content acquired without owning that source game. An example of this is if you downloaded CSS, DoD, HL2eX content without owning the game.
- Cheats or modded clients. This includes things like code injectors, FPS Boosters / unlockers, or even just third party demo ESP’s that are not designed to be run on live servers as a cheat. If you own a garrys mod cheat or similar software then it’s probably safe to say that this is the reason you’re getting this.
- Classic mods that are not conventionally available anymore. People will “reupload“ them with other potentially harmful software piggybacked on it.

Its not impossible that this could be the result of a workshop addon however.

I can 100% reassure you it isn’t perp content as you are definitely the only person who is having this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.