Game crashes after joining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

after a long period of absence from the server, i decided to come back and play a bit, only to be greeted by a weird bug that does not allow me to play.
Here's what the problem is:
as soon as i join the server, after about 5 seconds the whole game crashes. no errors, no alerts that the game is about to crash; it just quits to desktop without saying a thing. yesterday after looking around on the internet i found someone who said that going to options, then going to the "other" tab and changing the "allow all custom files from server" to "do not download any custom files" should fix the problem, but after trying to do so and joining the server i see an error saying "missing map maps/rp_paralake_city_v4.bsp, disconnecting".
Obviously to play i need to allow the map downloading, so i changed the previous option to "allow only map downloads" and tried again, however the missing map error still occurs.
so long story short, unless i allow all downloads it doesnt let me on the server, but if i do the game crashes a few seconds after joining. i tried joining other servers and everything works fine.

I hope someone knows how to fix this problem, and i thank you in advance for any help provided.

PS: i already tried uninstalling and re-installing the game, and i also tried re-downloading all server content

Reaction score
1- Unsubscribe all add-ons if possible
2- Verify Game Cache
3- Subscribe Paralake Content + Paralake V4 Map (you can find it in Garry's Mod Workshop)

Status
Not open for further replies.