Garry Arnolds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Steam/In-game Name: MCGSCEFFAAWHETJH55555
His/Her Steam/In-game Name: EpicHarry01
His/Her SteamID: STEAM_0:0:68014648
Why Should This Player Be Punished: I had my gun pointed at him while he was having his gun pointed at a window. He proceeds to turn around and blast me after I shout at him to freeze. That's pretty much breaking 3.4 at least.
Evidence (Demo Required): https://mega.nz/#!gMN3UL5Y!NKkyDjtOm7YXGwbirAeWchsknH2nhGOjzls0mf7vrX8
Tick: 11000-11600

EDIT:
Would be nice if I got my DEagle back.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You truly do flatter me, I've looked through my own demo and it clearly shows me aiming at you whilst you're in passive. I'll try and get my demo up and sorted by the morning
[DOUBLEPOST=1463188174,1463187722][/DOUBLEPOST]I am getting my demo uploaded as we speak, also it doesn't make you the bigger person to yell in IC text chat "3.4, You're gonna get banned Garry" and is supposed to be kept to LOOC.
[DOUBLEPOST=1463188398][/DOUBLEPOST]https://mega.nz/#!LoAyWJSD!rltx46BvAcIBqDxnlOV6CaL7MDehTrR_ZSVRFBG19Yk This is mine, at tick 18000 to around 20,000 you can see the anarchy unfold and the proof that it was not 3.4

Last edited:
Reaction score
You truly do flatter me, I've looked through my own demo and it clearly shows me aiming at you whilst you're in passive. I'll try and get my demo up and sorted by the morning
[DOUBLEPOST=1463188174,1463187722][/DOUBLEPOST]I am getting my demo uploaded as we speak, also it doesn't make you the bigger person to yell in IC text chat "3.4, You're gonna get banned Garry" and is supposed to be kept to LOOC.
[DOUBLEPOST=1463188398][/DOUBLEPOST]https://mega.nz/#!LoAyWJSD This is mine, at tick 18000 to around 20,000 you can see the anarchy unfold and the proof that it was not 3.4
Well, A. that wasn't me who yelled. B. I had it up and against your head in my own demo if you take the time to watch it.

Also, link the decryption key. You don't have it so nobody can see it.

Reaction score
-Support

For now I'll be -supporting this AR because it seems to be another one of those glitches which occurred many times in the past (@Niko). This is a glitch where you would pull out your gun and you would see it on attack stance, but the text still says "passive stance". This causes the other player to see the gun on passive while you see it on attack, which then ends up with someone getting pissed and reporting it. From what I've heard this glitch is not server side and it's because of Gmod. Only one who can fix this glitch is "Garry" not Garry Arnolds. Until Garry Arnolds sends his description key this will stay as a -Support.

Reaction score
The point is that they're your friends, they were yelling it on your behalf, just because you didn't say it, it doesn't mean your friends didn't say it too.

Reaction score
So this is my point of view of the situation...
As you can see from the demo i uploaded, He clearly points the gun at officer Garry's head while saying "freeze Garry!".
What happens then is quite clear, don't you agree?
Edit: I'm sure Garry didn't see the gun in attack stance like I did. So it's really up to ya what you want to make of this.

Last edited:
Reaction score
He had a gun in his hand pointed towards the window, in my opinion he has all the rights to shoot you here, he's already holding a gun and at this point putting his gun away would make the risk even bigger, so I thereby -support this action request, also just wondering how did you know his name was "Garry"?

Reaction score
He had a gun in his hand pointed towards the window, in my opinion he has all the rights to shoot you here, he's already holding a gun and at this point putting his gun away would make the risk even bigger, so I thereby -support this action request, also just wondering how did you know his name was "Garry"?
In my opinion, In real life, if someone points a gun at my head while having my own gun pointed at a completely different direction, I probably wouldn't try to point my gun back at him and try to shoot him. There would be a 90% chance that it would end up on me being shot in the head since whoever's pointing a gun at me has his finger on the trigger and is ready to shoot. But that's just my opinion.

Reaction score
Alright, after watching your point of view I would still -Support this Action Request. This is because the game is supposed to impersonate real life of course and not be exactly like it. Now, I don't know whether Gary noticed that you had a gun to his head or not but it seemed to me that he turned around, saw a guy with a gun, and shot him since he himself also had his gun on attack. If this was in real life you would have felt the gun pointed to your head which would leave you with no option but to surrender. Although, over here he was just turning around and shot a guy who tried to shoot him. If I were in Garry's place I would've done the same thing and I'm sure a lot of other staff members would agree. What he did wasn't wrong at all and I don't get why you didn't shoot him in the first place, when a guy has his gun on attack don't try to gunpoint him unless you have a death wish that is.

Thank You,
George Schurr

Last edited:
Reaction score
Alright, after watching your point of view I would still -Support this Action Request. This is because the game is supposed to impersonate real life of course and not be exactly like it. Now, I don't know whether Gary noticed that you had a gun to his head or not but it seemed to me that he turned around, saw a guy with a gun, and shot him since he himself also had his gun on attack. If this was in real life you would have felt the gun pointed to your head which would leave you with no option but to surrender. Although, over here he was just turning around and shot a guy who tried to shoot him. If I were in Garry's place I would've done the same thing and I'm sure a lot of other staff members would agree. What he did wasn't wrong at all and I don't get why you didn't shoot him in the first place, when a guy has his gun on attack don't try to gunpoint him unless you have a death wish that is.

Thank You,
George Schurr
Well, the intention was to get him to surrender as a hostage. If I shot him immediately, it would bring MORE cops since they have life alerts. That's why I didn't blast him immediately.

Reaction score
After looking over this Action Request I am not supporting it.

Yes you had a firearm and yes it was pointed at his head and yes you said "Freeze Gary" but at any point did you alert him to having a weapon? Gary was stood there with his firearm already drawn and so either way he had a pretty good chance of taking yourself down, as he did. However I am under the impression that you feel the physical act of turning around was breaking 3.4? In my opinion it was not Garry's fault that he turned around either way due to nothing being said or declared about a firearm being to his head. "Freeze Gary" could be anything and I personally don't automatically trace onto thinking there is a gun to my head. Once he had turned around, he saw you standing there with a firearm and so he shot.

To sum up I am not supporting this Action Request as there was no physical way for Gary to know there was a firearm until he turned around. Once he turned around and saw the firearm his life was in danger and so he took the shot.

Reaction score
denied.jpg

For the benefit of others I recorded Garry's view. (My sound doesn't record no idea how to fix it so)

The video is slowed down.
What you see is Garry's human reactions to turn around to the threat, I would have done the exact same thing.
he then processes the threat and takes it out.

Again what he did was all human responses and I see nothing wrong with what he did, you simply said freeze Garry.

May I suggest you make a /me command next time or simply shoot him.
*/me puts the cold steel barrel to the mans neck*
Don't move an inch or you get a bullet.

That sort of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.