Server Suggestion Glove Box

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Glove Box
Suggestion Description: A storage akin to the trunk inside all cars that allows players to store a small quantity and light weight amount of items inside their glove box.

Why should this be added?:
- Adds more value to cars
- Gives more inventory control while in cars that is realistic
- Quality of Life improvement.

What negatives could this have?:
- Takes time to develop

What problem would this suggestion solve?: Little inventory control while in the car.

Reaction score
Are you asking to get slightly more storage. Because I don't see the problems with the storages we have now. And plus we have cars with huge storages that is reliable to criminal activity. I see no problem we have now with the storages.

Reaction score
Are you asking to get slightly more storage. Because I don't see the problems with the storages we have now. And plus we have cars with huge storages that is reliable to criminal activity. I see no problem we have now with the storages.
Theres so much more to the idea than simply just having "More storage," it's about the way the storage is accessed.

if you're inn a police chase, using a glovebox is more viable to immediately pass over stuff.

If you're responding to a shootout, you don't have time to get out and drop items or use trunk. So glovebox is more reasonable for small sized handovers.

If you're trying to have more convenience transporting light-weight items without going in your trunk, it makes sense.

Reaction score
if you're in a police chase, using a glovebox is more viable to immediately pass over stuff.
So in this occasion as you said it. Do you mean like pass over drugs and weapons etc into the storage to not risk losing your items

Reaction score
So in this occasion as you said it. Do you mean like pass over drugs and weapons etc into the storage to not risk losing your items
No

Passing over items in the trunk to pass over items. Putting items in inaccessible storages to avoid loss isn't allowed but even in the case that happens, cops can search car storages like trunks already if they are high enough rank or report it when it happens.

Reaction score
I think it will be pretty cool to have that sort of thing and would give a show of realism +1

Reaction score
I quite like this idea…

Would the driver be able to access or strictly passenger only?

Would it be a visible action?

Would there be a limit on pistols only?

Reaction score
So what you’re suggesting is you want to be able to store a pistol in a car before getting out and surrendering? I don’t see any legitimate use for this.

Reaction score
Theres so much more to the idea than simply just having "More storage," it's about the way the storage is accessed.

if you're inn a police chase, using a glovebox is more viable to immediately pass over stuff.

If you're responding to a shootout, you don't have time to get out and drop items or use trunk. So glovebox is more reasonable for small sized handovers.

If you're trying to have more convenience transporting light-weight items without going in your trunk, it makes sense.
See literally no use in this, people could first of all just use their brain and have the items equipped before going to a location. This suggestion also makes police work much more complicated for newer officers.
In short this is just a trunk inside a car, if youre too lazy to go out and click t then keep your items on you.

Reaction score
I enjoy this idea but maybe just be able to store dumb ass random items like cigs phone maybe 1 small pistol or something? They could make it to where you can only put random small shit that people actually do have in their glove boxes like in real life.

Reaction score
So what you’re suggesting is you want to be able to store a pistol in a car before getting out and surrendering? I don’t see any legitimate use for this.
There is no difference between someone storing it in his glovebox in an inaccessible storage to avoid loss and doing “/me slides it out of pocket, hiding it under his car seat,” Both are realistic actions that don’t powergame or require rolling as they don’t need any agency to counter given the cop is still creating an incident in his vehicle physically unable to view what the occupants are doing.

Cops don’t have a reason to search said vehicle, then cops won’t find shit.

Cops can already search trunks, so they should be able to search gloveboxes (granted legal cause to do so)

Cops also should be able to observe context to determine whether the person is storing to avoid loss.

The benefits of this is so much more than just “store pistol to avoid loss” like brother it’s 250$ confiscation reward, it’s not that deep. And if it’s, a report always can resolve any suspicions that arise if there is no in character legal reason to discover said unruly storing of the 250$ value pistol.

I listed 3 uses above but I can list more

Use 4: if you’re waiting to raid with a pistol and you want to pull a gun from your glovebox instead of have it on you like Talia said

Use 5: if you want to keep Bobby pins essentially stashed in your glovebox for random use

Use 6: if you want to stash food in your glovebox for essential use

Use 7: if you want to stash crowbars in your glovebox

Reaction score
Sounds like someone has PTSD from getting pulled over for 7.6 too many times. I agree this doesn’t have any use. This just seems like a suggestion made purely to try and circumvent police confiscating your items and god forbid the abuse I can see people using this to do.

Reaction score
I did, just store your stuff in your boot how hard is it. Trunks exist already I don’t see a need to do this. It’s just more dev work that doesn’t need to be done imo
I’m thinking of the opposite… maybe make it so you can only store via accessing your normal trunk but can withdraw whilst in the car.

Pulling up to monorail, see some dodgy dudes so your mate pulls out the PPK from the glove box ready for fun

Reaction score
I did, just store your stuff in your boot how hard is it. Trunks exist already I don’t see a need to do this. It’s just more dev work that doesn’t need to be done imo
If you can’t see uses for it despite supposedly reading the many posts above listing multiple, including ones impossible without the idea suggested, then there is no point attempting to list more.

That said, many ideas recently were completely implemented weren’t “needed” but they improved Quality of Life for all players or players that it concerned :

https://perpheads.com/threads/assign-your-unit-immediately.60315/

https://perpheads.com/threads/change-standing-image-flip-direction-when-rotated.60204/

Reaction score
This will definitely get abused by people to store illegal items while they're driving to avoid confiscation, especially by passengers storing random stuff as it makes it look more suspicious raising chances of getting our trunk searched, cops will literally find any reason to see it through which is just annoying. I'd like to see this implemented but only with a few select items that are not illegal, like an emergency phone or a small fire extinguisher you could buy from the Safety First shop or whatever else you could think of fitting in there (even money?).

Also the trunk is pretty good as it is. If you need more trunk space think which car you should use.

Reaction score
This will definitely get abused by people to store illegal items while they're driving to avoid confiscation, especially by passengers storing random stuff as it makes it look more suspicious raising chances of getting our trunk searched
in the instance a player does /me hands over gun to passenger. or /me tucks gun under seat. Would that not catalyze the same result? Small arms hidden from police in a place they're not legally allowed to search using realistic action.

Im with you on the second half where you bring up storing phones or extinguishers, things you don't necessarily want to have constantly taking up trunk space as they aren't heavy or large cargo. This is part of what I was trying to emphasize, is that it isn't even a debatable point, there IS use for this glovebox idea and it stretches beyond weaponry.