Server Suggestion Glove Box

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Glove Box
Suggestion Description: A storage akin to the trunk inside all cars that allows players to store a small quantity and light weight amount of items inside their glove box.

Why should this be added?:
- Adds more value to cars
- Gives more inventory control while in cars that is realistic
- Quality of Life improvement.

What negatives could this have?:
- Takes time to develop

What problem would this suggestion solve?: Little inventory control while in the car.

Reaction score
in the instance a player does /me hands over gun to passenger. or /me tucks gun under seat. Would that not catalyze the same result?
Yes but that is literally power gaming (shit term, I know) and outside of the game's mechanics, you're abusing roleplay to your own benefit. There is a trunk and you should use it. This happened to me before as someone with a gun on their back literally did a /me similar to what you described haha

Reaction score
Yes but that is literally power gaming (shit term, I know) and outside of the game's mechanics, you're abusing roleplay to your own benefit. There is a trunk and you should use it. This happened to me before as someone with a gun on their back literally did a /me similar to what you described haha
I disagree that it is powergaming or against the rules, can you please provide evidence to substantiate that claim or prove that powergaming in of itself is a rule amongst the rule book of PERPHeads?

As far as I am concerned rule-wise, regarding the point of /me tucks pistol under seat to hide it. That would be protected under:

3.3 Realistic Actions​

All actions a player makes must be done as realistically as possible, especially during combat; for example, when jumping up-to, or down-from somewhere, it must be done so slowly, carefully, and without resulting in injury to the player. Furthermore, players should take great care whilst climbing. Players should not attempt to boost people onto buildings or structures, nor should they climb onto objects which realistically would not hold their weight.

And

The ‘/me’ function may only be used to perform actions that cannot be effectively depicted within the gamemode. The ‘/me’ function has to be used in a realistic fashion. For example performing a ‘/me’ on more than one player at a time or performing multiple actions within the same ‘/me’ would be deemed unrealistic. When the ‘/me’ function is used to affect another player, the other player may wish to resist the action by using the ‘/roll’ function provided it is realistically possible to do so.

The same restrictions apply to the ‘/desc’ function, which should only be used to truthly describe events that have occurred.

In fact in the rule 3.26 it specifically states that the whole purpose of /me is to ONLY depict actions that are as you say "outside of the game mechanics," Assuming they are realistic of course. So your stance regarding the /me use of tucking a gun under the seat evidently is contrary to the written purpose of the /me feature as stated in 3.26

Last edited:

GP

Reaction score
Here's why I wouldn't like to see this implemented. This includes switching and storing weapons, and certain other actions that are not inconsequential during a hostile encounter while in a vehicle.

I think the current system is predictable and familiar, and that's a very good thing. You know if someone gets in a car with a gun, they come out of the car with a gun. Predictability is very important in PvP scenarios. It's also important because of how fast-paced Perpheads is, we're not in a turn-based combat system but the complete opposite.

The upsides you mention are not enough to overcome this very important consideration. I believe the impact will be negative. The gamemode limitations are as important, if not more, as its features. I think this limitation must stay: no storage while in the car (eating, or doing other menial tasks while on a vehicle is another thing to be debated separately).

Realism isn't the main goal. Above all, this is a game and must observe many criteria, with the main goal of being an enjoyable experience given the constraints.

Reaction score
Here's why I wouldn't like to see this implemented. This includes switching and storing weapons, and certain other actions that are not inconsequential during a hostile encounter while in a vehicle.

I think the current system is predictable and familiar, and that's a very good thing. You know if someone gets in a car with a gun, they come out of the car with a gun. Predictability is very important in PvP scenarios. It's also important because of how fast-paced Perpheads is, we're not in a turn-based combat system but the complete opposite.

The upsides you mention are not enough to overcome this very important consideration. I believe the impact will be negative. The gamemode limitations are as important, if not more, as its features. I think this limitation must stay: no storage while in the car (eating, or doing other menial tasks while on a vehicle is another thing to be debated separately).

Realism isn't the main goal. Above all, this is a game and must observe many criteria, with the main goal of being an enjoyable experience given the constraints.
Can you provide at least one example where the predictability and familiarity of the current system vs the "new" system, where this suggestion is hypothetically completed, showcasing how the latter is a negative difference?

The point of pacing and realism is redundant when /me's are specifically intended to facilitate behaviors that are not mechanically enabled despite /me's taking a bit of time to write out. While yes, this isn't a turn-based game, it's a SERIOUS RP.

Conclusively, I'd say this suggestion effectively employs a mechanic for what is already an endorsed functional action through the /me command.

Reaction score
Can you provide at least one example where the predictability and familiarity of the current system vs the "new" system, where this suggestion is hypothetically completed, showcasing how the latter is a negative difference?

The point of pacing and realism is redundant when /me's are specifically intended to facilitate behaviors that are not mechanically enabled despite /me's taking a bit of time to write out. While yes, this isn't a turn-based game, it's a SERIOUS RP.

Conclusively, I'd say this suggestion effectively employs a mechanic for what is already an endorsed functional action through the /me command.
Predictability is thrown out of the window in the new system when someone gets into a car. You don’t know if they have a gun or not. That gives any potential outsiders a disadvantage because they don’t know if the driver is armed or not, therefore they can’t act unless in specific circumstances. This proposed feature also, in my opinion, adds unneeded bloat for the sake of being more realistic and adds nothing more but another variable to the equation that is PvP.

Reaction score
I disagree that it is powergaming or against the rules, can you please provide evidence to substantiate that claim or prove that powergaming in of itself is a rule amongst the rule book of PERPHeads?

As far as I am concerned rule-wise, regarding the point of /me tucks pistol under seat to hide it. That would be protected under:

3.3 Realistic Actions​

All actions a player makes must be done as realistically as possible, especially during combat; for example, when jumping up-to, or down-from somewhere, it must be done so slowly, carefully, and without resulting in injury to the player. Furthermore, players should take great care whilst climbing. Players should not attempt to boost people onto buildings or structures, nor should they climb onto objects which realistically would not hold their weight.

And

The ‘/me’ function may only be used to perform actions that cannot be effectively depicted within the gamemode. The ‘/me’ function has to be used in a realistic fashion. For example performing a ‘/me’ on more than one player at a time or performing multiple actions within the same ‘/me’ would be deemed unrealistic. When the ‘/me’ function is used to affect another player, the other player may wish to resist the action by using the ‘/roll’ function provided it is realistically possible to do so.

The same restrictions apply to the ‘/desc’ function, which should only be used to truthly describe events that have occurred.

In fact in the rule 3.26 it specifically states that the whole purpose of /me is to ONLY depict actions that are as you say "outside of the game mechanics," Assuming they are realistic of course. So your stance regarding the /me use of tucking a gun under the seat evidently is contrary to the written purpose of the /me feature as stated in 3.26
I beg you to try this infront of a staff member.

Reaction score

3.3 Realistic Actions​

And

Storing or getting rid of a weapon (dropping) is an action already depicted by the gamemode mechanics (trunk, chest, storage), so it is against the rules to hide the gun in the seat or similar (it remains on your person).

Same reason you don't do /me drops weapon on the ground and have the gun in your inventory and tell police you don't have it, but rather you drop it as made possible by mechanics. Or do /me hides in the trunk of car, as entering vehicles is made possible by mechanic as intended.