GMod crashes without an error report after PERPHeads loads

Reaction score
So, I really wanted to play PERPHeads, but every time I try, it says "Sending client info..." gets to the end then BOOM. It closes itself down, and this keeps happening, 100%. This happened the first time I tried, where I had to download all the content packs, so redownloading would be no good. Any help is appreciated.

System Specs:
Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Model: HP ProBook 4530s
Rating: 5.6
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz 2.10 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (2.94 GB usable)
System Type: 32-bit operating system

Reaction score
Follow these steps:
- Go to steam
- Open Library
- Right click Garry's Mod and go to properties
- Click on Local Files
- Clikc on 'Verify integrity of game cache'

This might work, if if doesn't work try reïnstalling the game or look for some missing addons which can cause your game to crash/shutdown.

There's another posibility: I have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Premium) installed on my pc and it kept shutting down Garry's Mod too, I added it to exceptions and it works fine. Maybe you have a virus scanner or some other program blocking you to access the game?

Reaction score
The problem is probably this: HP ProBook 4530s
Although you could try right clicking on gmod in your library and then clicking properties and entering -dxlevel 90 into the launch options.

Reaction score
Destershot;n34812 said:
Follow these steps:
- Go to steam
- Open Library
- Right click Garry's Mod and go to properties
- Click on Local Files
- Clikc on 'Verify integrity of game cache'

This might work, if if doesn't work try reïnstalling the game or look for some missing addons which can cause your game to crash/shutdown.

There's another posibility: I have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Premium) installed on my pc and it kept shutting down Garry's Mod too, I added it to exceptions and it works fine. Maybe you have a virus scanner or some other program blocking you to access the game?

I'm trying this now, also, I'm entering -dxlevel 90 into the launch options. I really can't be bothered to reinstall gmod, I have a shit ton of addons, but I will if necessary. Also, I have firewall, but it usually says when its blocking access.

EDIT: I have tried both of them, starting GMod now :D

EDIT 2: Unfortunately, it didn't work D: So I don't know what to do, keep the suggestions coming!

Reaction score
Follow these steps:
- Unplug your computer
- Throw it out the window
- Jump on it
- Start chanting "GMOD Work"
- Plug it back in
- Jobs a gooden.

On a serious note all my ideas have already been mentioned, good luck finding a fix.

Reaction score
I'm going to try to backup all my addons and just reinstall JUST the PERPHeads ones. Wish me luck!

EDIT: Nope. Didn't work either, I can't reinstall Gmod, I have no space for a backup on my computer...... maybe my computer hasn't got enough RAM and such. Oh well, for Christmas I'm getting a gaming comp, maybe that'll let it work.

Reaction score
I had that problem as well. Its basically you not having enough ram to join the server. Keep in mind that we are using alot of content and that content needs to be loaded.

There are many ways to fix it for example upgrading to 64-bit and having at least 4 gb of ram (i can only recommend having at least 6-8 gb of ram)
What i did was using a program that keeps refreshing my ram cards by disabling everything that is not needed.

Now pick a choice and try it yourself ^^

Reaction score
Sgt.James said:
I had that problem as well. Its basically you not having enough ram to join the server. Keep in mind that we are using alot of content and that content needs to be loaded.

There are many ways to fix it for example upgrading to 64-bit and having at least 4 gb of ram (i can only recommend having at least 6-8 gb of ram)
What i did was using a program that keeps refreshing my ram cards by disabling everything that is not needed.

What about "Free Ram Optimizer XP"?
http://download.cnet.com/Free-Ram-Optimizer-XP/3000-2086_4-10238479.html

Reaction score
Sgt.James said:

For example.

Reaction score
Got my new gaming computer! It works now, I have 16 GB of ram :D