GMOD keeps tabbing out

Reaction score
Every 5 minutes or so, seems to be random intervals my game tabs out causing me to get upset.

I am running windows 11

The cause for the tab out is windows taskbar/explorer appearing to "refresh", you can accomplish the same thing my restarting Windows Explorer in Task manager

Whilst playing I usually have wallpaper engine, spotify, microsoft edge, and discord running. These applications dont seem to be affecting it.

Anyone got any ideas lol, £5 on paypal for whoever solves it

Reaction score
  • Staff
breakingnews.png

This just in - @Hayden has the same problem. Also running windows 11..

Reaction score
The culprit should be Widgets since you're on Windows 11

kF8rW7X.png

Disable widgets here in gpedit.msc. Reboot after de-activating.
C3Gk2JU_d.webp

Or use this code by making a .txt document and naming it anything+.reg after the name
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Dsh]
"AllowNewsAndInterests"=dword:00000000

If that didn't solve your problem then you need to see what else is taking over your focus with Windows Focus Logger https://softwarerecs.stackexchange....ch-program-has-the-focus-on-microsoft-windows

If all fails just switch back to Windows 10. People reported that re-installing Windows 11 also fixes this issue so it might have to do with just updating your current build.

Reaction score
Every 5 minutes or so, seems to be random intervals my game tabs out causing me to get upset.

I am running windows 11

The cause for the tab out is windows taskbar/explorer appearing to "refresh", you can accomplish the same thing my restarting Windows Explorer in Task manager

Whilst playing I usually have wallpaper engine, spotify, microsoft edge, and discord running. These applications dont seem to be affecting it.

Anyone got any ideas lol, £5 on paypal for whoever solves it
same problem here, also running windows 11 on my desktop. don't have the issue on windows 10.

Reaction score
Op4YtF5.png

never had this problem before but i did tweak the living shit out of windows 11 like i did to 10 to remove all the bloatware, additional useless jank that comes along with it so maybe it could be something like the widgets as mentioned.

Reaction score
Update your keyboard and graphics card driver if u have one.

When you are playing a game in full screen, any background application that takes focus away from the game will minimize the game.
You need to figure out what application may be doing this. Once you've done that precise Applicaction. Simply delete it or close it off beforehand u start GMOD